Auto virus download from the nexus?

Ryoichui

Hi there, wasn't sure where to put this and couldn't find a way to message the mods, if anyone knows somewhere this would better be put please feel free to let me know.
now, as the title says, i was just browsing the nexus for mods, wasn't on any other websites (only had nexus open) suddenly something popped up about downloading a java program, and no matter how i tried to get rid of it, it downloaded something, luckily windows firewall and Avast caught it pretty Quickly. Just thought i'd let everyone know this happened just in case. it just started downloading things and i couldn't even exit the browser, i had to use task manager to get it to stop.
I use chrome if anyone needed to know that! good luck to the nexus team, I know things have been hard for you lately.

I have informed our current advertising chain about it. There have been far too many of these getting through their filters recently which has been one of the main reasons I have cancelled my current contract with them and have signed up with a new partner who will, hopefully, be a lot more careful with the inventory I give them.

I have informed our current advertising chain about it. There have been far too many of these getting through their filters recently which has been one of the main reasons I have cancelled my current contract with them and have signed up with a new partner who will, hopefully, be a lot more careful with the inventory I give them.

Excellent.

Hello!

I see it's been officially noted but I just thought I'd mention it, I've just started getting these redirects to a fake page telling me Java needs updating today.

As soon as the ad loads on the page it redirects, nothing downloads unless you're fooled by the rather obvious trick but it's become quite a nuisance as the culprit ad seems to come around quite often.

Prensa

Hope this gets fixed soon because now I can't browse Skyrim nexus at all because it keeps redirecting me even if I close down the pop-up.

Used to just pop up occasionally but now it happens every single time I go onto a Nexus page and I can't even ignore it.

Doing a full computer scan just incase since, once forced onto the page, it keeps auto downloading the .exe

Edited by Deepblue321

I've suffered a similar instance but using Comodo Web Browser has meant that no downloads are allowed without my expressions permission, I have reported this fake page to both Comodo and Google, and I will go ahead now and report it to Java team also, also a note to remember that you can press the back button and click the x to stop the page loading completely allowing you to browse the mod a little easier, it's a small inconvenience but it's better than constant redirects at least until this problem gets sorted.