Auto virus download from the nexus?

Ryoichui

+1

Site has become unusable as of today due to this new virus, any attempt to open any page on skyrim nexus result ina redirect and auto download of the virus.

they seems to be nothing i can do to stop it, untill this virus is removed from site nexus cannot be used...

Shame coz i recently wipe all my skrim for clean slate so i need to download a lot again :-(

Hope this gets fixed soon because now I can't browse Skyrim nexus at all because it keeps redirecting me even if I close down the pop-up.

Used to just pop up occasionally but now it happens every single time I go onto a Nexus page and I can't even ignore it.

Doing a full computer scan just incase since, once forced onto the page, it keeps auto downloading the .exe

back button is locked out, clicking x opens and downloads virus anyway, site is un-usable

Can people confirm their locations please? State/county + Country would be most ideal. Or just country if you're really worried about sharing your location in public.

I'm in Greece right now and I have friends in Glasgow constantly refreshing the site trying to get this virus and none of us can reproduce it. It seems like the ad is localised in some way. Made evident by the fact only a handful of people are reporting it rather than everyone who uses the site.

Dark0ne - Hello!

I'm in the far north of England right now & when the redirects happened.

It happened most on the front page & seemingly the Image Library section.

Would occur almost every time you went to a new page & the ads would load again in the Image Library.

This was at the time I posted here about it (afternoon), I can't seem to get the redirect to happen anymore at this time (evening).

Hopefully they eliminated the culprit. :)

Prensa

A quick Google search for the IP address listed in the attack ("69.162.111.227") shows that this is a very recent breach in one or more ad networks that is affecting a large swathe of websites and not just the Nexus. As such, we're going to disable our ad code tonight and then re-enable it tomorrow at some point when, hopefully, the attack will have been patched up and fixed where ever the breach has happened in one or more of the ad networks.

So enjoy some ad free browsing on us this evening.

I'm currently using Chrome.

Tried Internet Explorer and that seems to be fine, no pop-ups yet.

So try using IE to browse Nexus until this is all sorted out.

Dark0ne is correct, I have started to notice it on other sites, though it's a lot more rare than on Nexus. These forums appear to be fine.

Edit: Oh, and I'm from the UK if that's any help.

Edited by Deepblue321

A quick Google search for the IP address listed in the attack ("69.162.111.227") shows that this is a very recent breach in one or more ad networks that is affecting a large swathe of websites and not just the Nexus. As such, we're going to disable our ad code tonight and then re-enable it tomorrow at some point when, hopefully, the attack will have been patched up and fixed where ever the breach has happened in one or more of the ad networks.

So enjoy some ad free browsing on us this evening.

Thanks Dark0ne. I'm in Utah, USA. Hopefully this gets worked out, i feel for you and your team right now!