After 8hrs of trying, I'm about to give up! CTDs just keep happening!

Helagos

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have or have you had Build Your Own Home installed?

I think the scripts BYOHRelationshipAdoptableScript.psc and BYOH_QF_BYOHRelationshipAdopt_01004291.psc are from that mod.

Nope! I've never had that mod installed. I wonder how that stuff got in there without me installing it? And how am I going to get rid of it? Or is maybe another mod calling on it?

1. Try to read mods descriptions. For most of them is set needed version and required DLC. You can install some mod that require one of DLC you don't have. Or you forget to install patch compabillity for DLC from some mod.Or your version of skyrim if greater than requires.
  2. You don't have lots of mods, so you can easilly disable one by one and try to load. Thats how you can find your problematic mod.

P.S.

By the way, was your truing not to load but start new game ? There are some cases when after install some mods you need to start new game.

P.S.S.

Use second advice at first. It will be more quickly to find your problem. Then read descriptions of the mod and so on.

1. Try to read mods descriptions. For most of them is set needed version and required DLC. You can install some mod that require one of DLC you don't have. Or you forget to install patch compabillity for DLC from some mod.Or your version of skyrim if greater than requires.
  2. You don't have lots of mods, so you can easilly disable one by one and try to load. Thats how you can find your problematic mod.

P.S.

By the way, was your truing not to load but start new game ? There are some cases when after install some mods you need to start new game.

P.S.S.

Use second advice at first. It will be more quickly to find your problem. Then read descriptions of the mod and so on.

Ok, so I tried disabling all of the mods and the only thing I left was the updates.esm. As soon as my game loaded it CTD. The papyrus file was useless because my save file was trying to call a bunch of stuff that wasn't there anymore. So, I reloaded with everything active again and gave it another try. See, I get about 10 seconds before it crashes. So this time I ran back into the cave that you exit Helgen Keep from. It loaded successfully and then I exited the cave after saving. BAM! It continued to work. I've made it all the way to Riverwood without it crashing so far. So, I'm guessing it was something that the game was trying to call at that point that was causing the problem. I guess we'll see what happens from here on out. I'm still going to read up on the mods to make sure none of them clash or need anything extra to run properly. I'm also going to follow the S.T.E.P. guide to ensure everything is configured properly.

Ok, so I tried disabling all of the mods and the only thing I left was the updates.esm. As soon as my game loaded it CTD. The papyrus file was useless because my save file was trying to call a bunch of stuff that wasn't there anymore. So, I reloaded with everything active again and gave it another try. See, I get about 10 seconds before it crashes. So this time I ran back into the cave that you exit Helgen Keep from. It loaded successfully and then I exited the cave after saving. BAM! It continued to work. I've made it all the way to Riverwood without it crashing so far. So, I'm guessing it was something that the game was trying to call at that point that was causing the problem. I guess we'll see what happens from here on out. I'm still going to read up on the mods to make sure none of them clash or need anything extra to run properly. I'm also going to follow the S.T.E.P. guide to ensure everything is configured properly.

If you disable all staff and CTD still go, than the problem is in your game i think. Maybe it have just installed incorrectly or maybe you installed previously some mod that damaged original files.

Reinstall game, and start it. And after every 10 mods you installing start it to see that all thing are right and game don't CTD. If not, you would know that the problem in that bundle of 10 mods.

Edited by kseon12

Before a complete reinstall try the Steam Validate Game Cache - if you are missing a file, or one is corrupted this will replace it with a good copy and you don't spend hours on a full reinstall.

Before a complete reinstall try the Steam Validate Game Cache - if you are missing a file, or one is corrupted this will replace it with a good copy and you don't spend hours on a full reinstall.

I followed your advice and Steam found 6 files that needed to be replaced. I let that run then checked again and it kept saying that one file needed to be replaced over and over again. This was a fresh install as of the day I posted my question. I also had to go back and do the TES5Edits over again after running the check(no biggie). Everything checked out and then I got things going as I mentioned before. Now it's doing the same thing whenever I head to the tower where you fight your first dragon. It seems that anytime the game tries to call something to do with dragons it crashes(the first time is right after leaving the Helgen Keep cave when Alduin flies overhead). I checked my Papyrus log and keep seeing the same error repeated over and over since this issue started. I've even erased the logs and reproduced it several times. I've heavily truncated the output from the log but it basically repeats these two parts over and over. It obviously has something to do with generating a dragon attack and that's exactly when my game crashes to the desktop is right before or during an attack.

[08/16/2014 - 05:18:18PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[08/16/2014 - 05:18:18PM] error: Native function GetUseSound in empty state does not match existing signature on linked type Potion. Function will not be bound.
[08/16/2014 - 05:18:18PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[08/16/2014 - 05:18:18PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[08/16/2014 - 05:18:54PM] VM is freezing...
[08/16/2014 - 05:18:54PM] VM is frozen
[08/16/2014 - 05:18:54PM] Reverting game...
[08/16/2014 - 05:19:03PM] Loading game...
[08/16/2014 - 05:19:04PM] VM is thawing...
[08/16/2014 - 05:19:04PM] Error: Cannot call RegisterDragonAttack() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[None].UDGPDurnehviirDragonScript.OnLocationChange() - "UDGPDurnehviirDragonScript.psc" Line 93
[08/16/2014 - 05:19:04PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp6"
stack:
[None].UDGPDurnehviirDragonScript.OnLocationChange() - "UDGPDurnehviirDragonScript.psc" Line 93
[08/16/2014 - 05:19:04PM] Error: Unable to call IsDead - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].UDGPDurnehviirDragonScript.IsDead() - "<native>" Line ?
[None].UDGPDurnehviirDragonScript.OnLocationChange() - "UDGPDurnehviirDragonScript.psc" Line 95
[08/16/2014 - 05:19:04PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp6"
stack:
[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].dlc2mq06miraakbossbattle.CheckDragons() - "DLC2MQ06MiraakBossBattle.psc" Line 329
[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].dlc2mq06miraakbossbattle.ProcessOnUpdateOROnHitEvent() - "DLC2MQ06MiraakBossBattle.psc" Line ?
[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].dlc2mq06miraakbossbattle.OnUpdate() - "DLC2MQ06MiraakBossBattle.psc" Line 181
[08/16/2014 - 05:19:16PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp25"
stack:
[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].dlc2mq06miraakbossbattle.CheckDragons() - "DLC2MQ06MiraakBossBattle.psc" Line 329
[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].dlc2mq06miraakbossbattle.ProcessOnUpdateOROnHitEvent() - "DLC2MQ06MiraakBossBattle.psc" Line ?
[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].dlc2mq06miraakbossbattle.OnUpdate() - "DLC2MQ06MiraakBossBattle.psc" Line 181
[08/16/2014 - 05:19:16PM] Error: Cannot call IsInFaction() on a None object, aborting function call
I've also submitted a ticket with Bethesda but I'm sure that won't get me anywhere. XD

From you log in last 6 lines i suggest game trying to access to quest/questparts that are absent. And method names are starting from "DLC ".

I want to ask you early, but what version of Skyrim you have ? Do you have all DLCs or Legendary Edit. of Skyrim ?

Edited by kseon12