Can the new technology help us. Can we convince our mind to heal our body?

Deleted54170User

nobody knows for certain what causes cancer. Here in Germany every once in a while another "definitive" cause of cancer is found. Last I remember was Potato Chips.

I have given up believing them anything to be honest. I am using a logical technique to determine if something is good or bad. For example, my Uncle died at 87 and he loved Steaks. He did eat a lot of them. If my uncle eats so much meat and still reaches a healtly 87 (apart from the stresses old age brings) thats ok for me. He is not the only one by the way (former Generations of people really loved eating meat).

So you may excuse if I dont give a Salad about acidic this and that. Life is complicated enough as it is.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nobody knows for certain what causes cancer. Here in Germany every once in a while another "definitive" cause of cancer is found. Last I remember was Potato Chips.

I have given up believing them anything to be honest. I am using a logical technique to determine if something is good or bad. For example, my Uncle died at 87 and he loved Steaks. He did eat a lot of them. If my uncle eats so much meat and still reaches a healtly 87 (apart from the stresses old age brings) thats ok for me. He is not the only one by the way (former Generations of people really loved eating meat).

So you may excuse if I dont give a Salad about acidic this and that. Life is complicated enough as it is.

Yes we know a couple of reason´s why somebody get´s sick but usually people dont wanna think with their brains or take responsibility......... and just "flow" with the rest...

if everybody is crazy who am i to be normal.......

and do i care if you care or not?? You kill your body fine!

I did warn you, there´s no sense in throwing Diamonds in front of Pigs how we say in serbia hehe :smile:

Edited by standalone09

Ah! My Moms words rise from her scattered ashes somewhere in Glacier National Park, "Eat it, don't eat it! That's all we're having for dinner. It's your stomach!"

She claimed German ancestry, my DNA results from several of the fine institutions who gaze into them did not find any German in mine.

But that's okay because she did not speak German. She made sure, if nothing else, I was an excellent speller.

Now I will give you two a spell to recover from your decisive thoughts. :sleep:

TIMES UP! :woot:

My hunger pangs are fewer and further apart now. :rolleyes: I suspect it is because I have tricked my stomach into thinking we are short on any nutritious food.

It wasn't difficult to do, because I know most of the groceries sold in stores are short of being fully nutritious. I need two or three other kinds of food from the garden plot, because it says I should be so smart to do so adding different combinations every day of the week from the pyramid of the five food groups on the labels. :smile:

I've gathered from sci-fi technovelgy we have many people considering automated medical surgical tables. From Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and Star Wars The Old Republic; I get the impression in the Games out of the Game Stories past we had full body repair stations. In Star Wars TOR, if you get killed your last ditch effort is to push the button to call a medical droid. In my opinion that sci-fi technovelgy isn't all that far fetched.

Yes?! I think prolonging our life by inserting a new code in a strand of DNA is a good idea if you are already healthy.

People suffering from illness could have their life prolonged when science is near to a discovery for curing them. A couple of people on the scholastic wagon have such a large fan population their research is guaranteed. One of these physicist has such grand support, at least until the head of research succeeds at stopping the aging process as he would like or dies while working on before he gets a positive string of successes.

Aubrey de Grey is amusing, seriously noted for his talk TED dot com appearance, and he has a full Wikipedia . I am not referring to him as the repair bot, I am referring to him as the point man in bringing us to a halt from dying of natural causes.

In the dialog on TED dot com he points out if we are able to stop the aging process, it is highly likely in the next 10 year cycle another advance in DNA may unlock more vital information.

I recommend watching the TED dot Com first, before I continue on about restoring our human form, mental memories, recall, etc., and so on. My age may break up any chance for me, but if you watch A Roadmap to End Aging you will note how he mentions the future possibilities science and medicine may yet discover.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm considering the present day evolving electronic gadgets that are being created, e.g., the implant computer eye. These options are for extreme cases where the eye was lost. Likewise for other body parts, such as, limbs.

For someone who has no serious loss of bodily functions, or at least, conditions with body internal parts that are near depleted; I wonder if their mind could be focused to fix their internal or external parts? That is, if they were given enough time too?

• 2 weeks later...