Blender Hull script causes to crash Blender?

Bowzark715

Generally its recommended to use a newer version 2.7x+ to do production work and 2.49 for import/export only.

How to create a Convex Hull'd collision object in new Blender

• Duplicate object - "Shift + D"
  • Edit Mode -> Search bar - "Space"
  • Type "Convex Hull" - "Enter"
  • Job done :D

You might want to scale the object slightly maybe x1.02, but collide some objects with it in-game and see what happens.

We have depreciated that specific utility script as Blender now has Bullet physics integration, which allows you to generate convex hull meshes.

You could paste in the errors that you see in the black console window that opens with Blender.

If you are doing this on a super high-poly mesh, it maybe that its running out of memory, but that depends on your setup.

Edited by neomonkeus

Generally its recommended to use a newer version 2.7x+ to do production work and 2.49 for import/export only.

You might want to scale the object slightly maybe x1.02, but collide some objects with it in-game and see what happens.

We have depreciated that specific utility script as Blender now has Bullet physics integration, which allows you to generate convex hull meshes.

You could paste in the errors that you see in the black console window that opens with Blender.

If you are doing this on a super high-poly mesh, it maybe that its running out of memory, but that depends on your setup.

Ok I'll try that thanks!

So I've tried it I got a problem that when I duplicate the object and select everything then go into edit mode it only select's one single part of the object? And when I press A then A again it's still the same? How do I fix this? Also about the search bar the question is which search bar are you on about? (New to Blender 2.7x+)

So I've tried it I got a problem that when I duplicate the object and select everything then go into edit mode it only select's one single part of the object? And when I press A then A again it's still the same? How do I fix this? Also about the search bar the question is which search bar are you on about? (New to Blender 2.7x+)

I tried selecting all in edit mode but it didn't select all it only selected one certain part of the mesh? What do I do to fix it?

Doing the above will select all the vertices/faces for that object, there is no differences between what version of Blender you are using in that regard.

What is suspect is that you have multple objects.

You have two options, do what you I suggested to give you per-object convex hulls or make on super collision shape by duplicating each object, joining the object, then create the convex shape as before.

Doing the above will select all the vertices/faces for that object, there is no differences between what version of Blender you are using in that regard.

What is suspect is that you have multple objects.

You have two options, do what you I suggested to give you per-object convex hulls or make on super collision shape by duplicating each object, joining the object, then create the convex shape as before.

Where do I find the option to join the objects? It's just the fact that I haven't used the new version of blender before.

Edited by Bowzark715