How do you set the damage Stamina rate?

ltknight88

I'm creating an ability/spell that slowly drains your stamina when you are wearing Heavy Armor in the rain.

I have everything working now, except it drains the stamina too fast. I want to slow the effect.

Currently, I have the MGEF as a Dual value modifier on Stamina Rate and Stamina.

If the player character typically regenerates stamina at a rate of 5.

Do I need to make the magnitude of the Damage Stamina Rate at least a 5 just to break even?

Or would a Damage Stamina Rate of 5 automatically drain the stamina at that rate??

Thanks!!

I'm creating an ability/spell that slowly drains your stamina when you are wearing Heavy Armor in the rain.

I have everything working now, except it drains the stamina too fast. I want to slow the effect.

Currently, I have the MGEF as a Dual value modifier on Stamina Rate and Stamina.

If the player character typically regenerates stamina at a rate of 5.

Do I need to make the magnitude of the Damage Stamina Rate at least a 5 just to break even?

Or would a Damage Stamina Rate of 5 automatically drain the stamina at that rate??

Thanks!!

That would likely break even, I should think. Think of it like this:

Default Stamina Rate = +5

Damage Stamina Rate = -5

+5 -5 = 0

I recommend changing your effect to staminaratemult instead of stamina rate. The reason is that stamina rate changes by race, which means that your mod will have inconsistent results with custom races. It also means that the stamina rate will be recalculated anytime the player changes races for example if they become a vampire or werewolf. I believe it is also recalculated eafh time you load a game. Stamina rate multiplier scales from 0 to 100% for all races and is retained when changing race or loading a game.