Flickering black screen

Soulforge89

Hi. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Occasionally when I play today, I get a black flickering screen which slightly obscures my vision (I usually play in first person) and, more annoying, I cannot move when it happens. This is especially irritating in combat, as you might imagine.

The flickering looks like how it is in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAJiUgAp-0c though sometimes it flashes faster and longer. Considering I play in first person POV, it kinda feels like an "rapid eye blink" effect at times. I've been modding like nuts these past few days, and aside from this, everything has been going just great! I thought it might have something to do with deactivating and deleting the Pumping Iron mod or maybe Stealth Skills Rebalanced because that's when it started happening, but I reinstalled them and it still happens.

I recently went on a "mod purge" a couple days ago, to fix something in Windhelm (I was crashing constantly and froze whenever I went through the gates) and have reinstalled most of my mods. None of them caused this until now.

This is the one problem I've had this day. It's nothing Nirn shattering, mind you, just mildly annoying to see every few minutes. Does anybody know how to fix this mildly annoying problem? Everything else is running surprisingly smooth!

It did not happen with the mods disabled. Just today. Like I said, this is the only bad thing that's happened and even then, it's not stopping me from playing the game.

And yes, fresh saves do this too. Weird.

It can't be that, since I installed Wet and Cold and CoT and ELFX AFTER it started happening.

Edited by Soulforge89