Skyrim HD 2k Textures- Worth the performance hit?

ATTAYA

Hey Everyone,

I've been having a tough time with skyrim lately. Been having frequent crashes and numerous purple texture glitches. From what I understand, its the result of my using too much vram. I'm thinking about loosing the 2k textures I have installed. I'm running around 125 mods, most are really small, some however, are city overhauls (though nothing too crazy), and enbs. Would getting rid of these 2k textures help? What do you think?

Thanks!

and enbs

You are using more than 1 enb at the same time?

And what exactly is your question? Are you referring in general to HD textures or to the specific mod "Skyrim HD 2K Textures"? Your post is contradictory to your thread title.

If the graphic improvements are worth the performance hit? Obviously not if you are having crashes and purple textures!

Would it help to get rid of the HD mods? Why don't you try it out?!

If you've not got it installed yet, google Sheson's memory fix - works wonders.

Re the HD texture packs, I don't know if they're worth it or not, BUT I installed Realvision ENB & interestingly the guide I followed for doing that specifically did not install those (it installed tons of other HD textures instead), game looks beautiful if a bit over-saturated at times, I've no crashes (touch wood), & it's fairly smooth, the odd stutter at times, but worth it, & well playable.