Heavy Traffic ×

From Day Dreams of a Spaced Out old Man comes

Deleted54170User

Wouldn't it be neat if we could carve a big chunk of ice out of a glacier, cut a hole in the center, insert a starship in it, load it up with equipment and add 1000 rooms for the astronauts? :cool:

Then with a bunch of, todays, tech we could set it up high in an orbit around Earth, and at just the right moment launch it so it goes way out into space and returns on a certain time like a comet, every so many years, for us to capture back into the orbit around Earth again and find out what everyone inside discovered on their journey.

Wouldn't that be a fantastic way to assure we did not need a lot of fuel to get to and from other planets? :kiss: We might even discover ways to live better in outer space while we were safe inside a huge man made comet! :geek:

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Click>>> Vacation from a time Back to my Future <<< Link

I couldn't help but notice how a bunch of teen age youths worked the streets outside. They looked ruffled to the point of starvation, but their eyes had that look that showed how powerful the future appeared to them. Free at last, far from home, and standing on the walk outside a building full of people bringing new meaning to the world with technology.

The moment shocked my senses. Drawn back in time to my memories of a similar occasion, I realized, I once was just like them.

The moment started my mind ablaze, reminding me of the glorious plan I had shared with others, to become wealthy while free of the toils, such hard labor, that I knew. Hard labors we all knew.

I stood still for the moment and let the luminary of wisdom shine on. I stood there pondering; what it would be like to have that to do all over again with the modern vehicles we have today in the 21st Century. Electric cars.

My mind froze.

What?! What if? What if a bunch of youth from another planet were thinking the same way. What if they packed up the cases, talked about the future, joined a stream of hitch hikers, and found their way upon a galactic steamer going by Earth. Within a little shuttle full of excited youth, they arrived on Earth, about to land when one of our most extraordinary events occurred.

An Atom Bomb test. BOOM, knocking the feeble little transport out of the air and... and... CRASH!

The smarter of the group made a dash for it and left the less intelligent guys behind.

Who were they? What were they doing here? Why were they dressed up like the other children in clothes that made them look like part of the crowd?

Oh! My! Wouldn't it just amaze you if you found out they were tired of the home life, like I was, of hard the hard labor, and wanted to go out on their own to make their way in the Universe.

I laughed out loud.

The guys who had been working their way toward the entrance suddenly became aware of me. Their eager facades slipping didn't matter much, because we were of the same kindred spirit. I saw them turn their stares away and I got the jitters.

I laughed again. A bunch of normal healthy humans walking into an exhibit on Earth.

We were alike in that simple way, I did it when I was a youth, and they were doing it too, on the first part of their journey growing up.

They were aliens to me, because they all looked like they were from the furthest reaches of Earths foreigners.

I wondered if the Aliens from Outer Space were in a similar situation, the ones that got a hysteria going, and just maybe they were just getting out of the house and leaving the Mom and Pop farm far, far, away.

Hmm?

I stopped and gazed at the crowd and went inside to see the marvels there. I found it with a picture of a hand crafted boat in a flyer from Polson, Montana. A museum on Memory Lane. That's correct, the address is 36094 Memory Ln, Polson, MT

I hope you've had, are having, or going to have a great Summer vacation.

In the shadows of my mind the Earth became a 'kind' Space Ship with the engine clearly visible through the shields arrays; so its heat warmed me, just enough to keep me happy.

The sun, it is called, pushed our Earth to the destination, easing my thought as we go, to the next place we'll eat, like one big apple.

The planet Earth does not travel around the Sun, it travels around Elon Musk, who in several profiles, on the Google Search page, looks like the young officer "Sulu" from Star Trek.

What's the latest idea he's fashioned from his aching brain? Send atomic bombs to Mars to heat the north and south poles so we can, MORE QUICKLY, turn it into another wasteland for our scavenging pleasure.

Suns of all Galaxies, you have now a human competitor for being the center of a galaxies attention.

I feel like opening up a bag of Kettle brand Potato Chips New York Chedder. I think I will, and will go back to playing Fallout - Fallout 2 - Fallout: Tactics - Fallout 3, and complete Fallout: New Vegas for the 3rd time, while I wait, and hope that I actually get Fallout 4 and can play through the newest Fallout version, before: Musk is made into a God for all to admonish and admire, afterward, from afar when he and his loving family are all living at his new home on MARs.

I had hoped that the public focus about this threads theme would have taken to filling in the stories with finds of import about human discoveries other then, back to the bones contesting human ancestry.

The minds who have delved into the history of the past have done exceptionally good jobs of piecing reality, as each of them knows it, together. I found myself marveling over the history of humankind and discovered the variety of people, races, creeds, etc., until I began to see my status at the home where I was raised.

What dreams are made of.

I feel the neglect of the conspirators mind, who went by the name of Thor, and others, begs to be find another. It must be difficult for people who hypothesize, about knowledge that amazed them, to slow their mental engine as I did, we flounder in personal goals we want help with.

It appears even I find that tasking my mind to be more hypothetical, puts my thoughts on a slow path back to the lane where I was born, back to my Mother. Food, water, designs for life, and plans for building during this present day, on the writers forge for life, from past wonders. I am such a power hero in games, when I am playing a game with no load slowing me down. As soon as the loot of others becomes loaded on my Character, in game, I begin to find that the drudgery of carrying all the hardware back to a storage shelving it, leads me to begin thinking. I find it is like shifting from a barbarian to a grumbling child that doesn't want to study Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic. I feel either one or the other suits me just fine. It's the games shifting me from the barbarian, gatherer, to the Theosophist that causes mental strain.

What will I modify? What will I discover while I am? What past memory will arise, while my mind is focused on my crafting, today?

Once upon a time I was blind sided by a stranger.

Have you ever been blind sided? If you haven't, you should know what it is to be blind sided before you read the past posts on this thread.

All of which were intended to get a person who was stomping about in so many areas of interest he made me feel unfocused; a lot. As though I was blind sided.

• 2 weeks later...

I would of probably been more involved, interested, in math sciences if I had not had my curiosity stunted by a foul weather experience. I had to stay in during one of those rainy days when I was the only one home, with Mom, because the others were at school.

When I was about four years old I went out in the rain and jumped into a puddle. I enjoyed what I saw. Did it again and again until I got soaking wet and cold.

It was the flash of spraying water spouts, shooting out from the second hand old black galoshes sides, that was incredible.

I remember, because it was when I was still in the comforts of Moms shelter, I got so soaked she thought I might catch pneumonia. She made me get out of my wet clothes. Then she washed them on the wash board, because we didn't have a washing or drying machine yet, and then she wrung them dry. As soon as they were dry enough I got them back and they felt good, I felt better.

Then I went back outside and jumped into the puddle again and again, marveling at the scene of water spraying up and out in incredible patterns. Until I was soaked again. After the second time around, with the puddle, Mom made me stay in.

It would have been interesting to have known there was a form of math called Physics; about that time. If I had been introduced to it, I might have had some more fun, instead of just having fun sitting there at the window watching the rain drops falling down and splashed in tiny puddles, while I waited for a sunnier day, so I could go out and play again.

Foul weather? No! It was just foul that I had to stay inside when there was such a nice puddle out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Astronauts could have a constant supply of water, a source that would last for a long time, if they wanted. They just need a way to turn a very large block of ice into a container for a very powerful space ship.

Wouldn't it be neat if we could carve a big chunk of ice out of the north or south poles glaciers, cut a hole in the center, insert a star ship in it, load it up with equipment and add 10,000 rooms for families of the astronauts? :cool:

Then with a bunch of, today's, tech we could set it up high in an orbit around Earth, and at just the right moment launch it so it goes way out into space and returns on a day and date with the returning crew and their families on a certain day so our people would study all their findings. Ooo! Our own personal Comet. If it ever became useless as a ships support, when one passed by on the, e.g., say 75 year journey, we could grab some ice off of it and maybe find some old tools inside it for our museums.

Wouldn't that be a fantastic way to assure we did not need a lot of water to get to and from other planets? :kiss: We might even discover ways to live better in outer space while we were safe inside a huge man made block of ICE! :geek: