more dawnguard armor variants

XbrisbyX

Hey guys so ive recently started playing again and im doing the dawnguard dlc and ive noticed each armor mesh has its own color. isran's armor has a long cuirass/leg coverings no pauldrons and is black, gunmars is the same but sleeveless and red celann and sorine's have short cuirass and one pauldron and are blue, and the two heavy armors are kinda the same besides whats on the belt and blue and white. I was wondering if someone could make a mod that takes the existing armors, swaps the texures around, and adds them in as separate armors so you can have any of the colors on your fav dawnguard armor. i dont know if theres any mods that already do this i looked but didnt find anything :sad:

• 1 year later...

I was just looking for a sleeveless version of the darker dawnguard armor. Well, actually I was looking for a version without the pauldrons, as they are warping horribly with DSR/XPMSE shield and sword on back animations. Like... they totally warp and twist into the shoulder..

Swapping them is pretty simple, as they all use almost the exact same mesh and UV map, with just different "accessories". It's about the only armor in game, which has different colour variants, that Bugthesda added separate meshes for each colour variant, instead of using texture sets, so there is actually 20, virtually identical, meshes (10 male + 10 female) so in theory, using Texture Sets in the CK you could have dozens of colour variants.

As for the Skeleton issue, sadly you'll have to hope someone is capable of loading up the meshes in a 3D program and fixing the weight painting on the various vertices to be compatible. (don't hold your breath though)

Ah, ok. So basically, I should be able to just find the right nif of a "no pauldron, sleeveless" version with the color I want and ... replace the ones from my target armor (or just create a new armor with these meshes and give that to my character to minimize side-effects on the rest of the game?).

Sounds like the most taxing part would be to find the right version. XD

Ah, ok. So basically, I should be able to just find the right nif of a "no pauldron, sleeveless" version with the color I want and ... replace the ones from my target armor (or just create a new armor with these meshes and give that to my character to minimize side-effects on the rest of the game?).

Sounds like the most taxing part would be to find the right version. XD

That's pretty much it.

As I said, there are 5 variants of the armor (dawnguardbody1f/m_0 + _1 to dawnguardbody5f/m_0 + _1) I think you'll want either the ***3f/m for the very basic version (usually the red one in game, with only the notebook/bible? as accessory) or the ***5f/m (the grey/brown version in game, with all accessories including the hip flask/bottle on the back of the belt) versions 1 and 2 have pauldrons, and version 4 has one pauldron on the left shoulder.

Note that the texture path for the ***m3.nif is incorrect in the vanilla .BSA file, though it still works in game. (probably fixed with USLEEP) but that is easily changed in Nifskope to the correct path. Then just choose which colour you prefer and voila :)