August holidays, Fileserver to CDN switchover and WYSIWYG editor for descriptions

Dark0ne

What I said was:

If it's still just as bad in 2 weeks time then please come back and let us know.

We're continuing to work on it and will likely ask those who are having speed issues to perform a quick and easy test in the not too distant future to help us ascertain why exactly speeds are subpar for them.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #18245979. #18254264, #18258769, #18266249, #18273759, #18293354, #18318239, #18325289, #18325954, #18344559 are all replies on the same post.

Yea, keep getting that file can't be found error page too. Or for a change of pace, it just dumps me on the Nexus ALL MODS home page thing.

Little help here?

In response to post #18520229.

Same here. It's impossible to download anything bigger than 20mb, sometimes not even that!
I lucked out one single time and managed to download EVE for Fallout 3 (around 130MB) without it failing or corrupting but that was about it.

I have a download speed of 1.5mb/s and I can never get it over 100kb/s in here. But I don't think the speed itself is the worst part, it's the fact that it keeps failing. I would endure waiting out for the download to finish at that speed if at least it got to finish.

I *know* most people haven't had any problems with CDN, but there's also a lot of people who have, and I think it's unfair to ignore those people even if they are minority. I'm not a premium but I imagine people who are paying to have those problems must be pretty pissed.

I'm not saying you guys should switch to the old servers or anything, I know those cost a fortune. But at least do *something* to make the CDN work for *everyone* and not just the majority.

I would like to chime in that I too am having download issues. I am not a regular user of this website so I am unsure if the problems started when this place switched over to the CDN method of sharing files or not. When I initiate a download it will max out my internet speed at around 550KB/s but over a short period of time it will rapidly decline to sub 50KB/s.

Of the few downloads I've recently performed, none have failed to complete.

Edited by Franpa

So I'm wondering if the download speed is on the users ISP side of things.

I just tested a manual download of a 1.6GB texture pack and was getting anywhere 6 ~ 7MB and the download took about 3 minutes to complete.

I then tried another texture pack file, around 100MB in size and this one started off around 1.4MB and then climbed to around 6MB when it finished downloading.

Been trying to get a heads up, response, acknowledgment, something, anything on the Forums but near as I can tell there hasn't been an admin response on the entire first page of problems.

A lot of us are having problems where we are getting the "no file exists with that id" error, cannot click links to other mods which gets the same error or dumps one back to the "all mods" page listing all the games Nexus supports. There are about seventeen trillion people unable to log in.

I went to post in the downloading issues update message to see if there'd been any progress but it's locked now.

Any update on the download redirects to the error page? Can we get an update on what's going wrong and a rough estimate of when it'll be better again? Been loving this site for many years and obviously there will be rough patches. But an update I think is in order.

Thanks.

Edit- The only Premium server that seems to work is the one with Delivery Network in it's name. Aside from that, the others are more miss than hit. Much more miss.

I only use the manual download, not using NMM currently. I also have not tested any of the other Game sites, just trying to rebuild Oblivion at the moment and it's not going well. My first post on these was last Thursday, since then it's leveled up to full blown fubar status.

Edited by d181sp1

Thanks to those who did try changing their DNS. Based on those that did report it looks like this was a dead end. :blush:

BTW, I have never seen the slowdown reported. And a lot of others have not seen a slowdown either. I have tried using both the CDN and comparing with manual downloads without CDN and have seen no significant slowdown using either. And NO, staff does not get any special treatment for downloading as that would defeat the purpose of having us test the downloads. We use the exact same methods and sites as everyone else.