August holidays, Fileserver to CDN switchover and WYSIWYG editor for descriptions

Dark0ne

hey. I've been a member for several years now, and have well enjoyed the services of this sight. I've had a bit of a problem with my NMM as of the last month or 2. I cannot connect to the login server and its not my firewall or antivirus programs. so I've had to manually download all of my mods as of late. its not a big deal since that's what I had been doing before the mod manager came to be. Am I the only person that has not been able to connect to the server with my NMM for this long?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we will do, however, is keep the Premium servers. While it's our hope that the CDN will completely fulfill your download needs I've noticed a few Premium Members stating they're getting slower speeds on the CDN (while others are claiming they can now download at 13MB+ a second...) so, out of respect, these will be kept and we'll add the option for Premium Members to use these again at some point soon.

Thank you for this! When can I expect to see this option?

In response to post #18006929.

Well, I must be one of those with lower download speed.
In the last couple of days downloading large files, e.g. the UOPs for Oblivion remind me of the not so good old days when I used a Modem, maxim out at 150 kb/s. I am on a fiber network and before those “improvements” I had download speeds in the MB range.
Edited by crashpilot

In response to post #17997404. #17999069, #18013079 are all replies on the same post.

ok I uninstalled and re-installed and no luck I still cannot connect to login server :( not sure what the problem is and I highly doubt its the NMM's fault but I'd relly like to be able to download my mods on it again and get auto updates and all the extra jaz that comes with being able to connect to online

First off, thank you for all the hard you put into keeping this great site going. That said, i unfortunately am one of those who have seen a massive drop in the speed of the downloads since switching to the CDN. I used to get several MBs using the Nexus Mod Manager to download files, but now it has dropped to around 6000 KBs.