Survival World

GriffinPyros

I came looking for a "Survival World" type of mod. But I really couldn't find what I was hoping for. Following are my thoughts on the subject, if anyone has the skills with Creation Kit and want to work on this mod but just don't want to bash it out alone, feel free to contact me and I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Small world, doesn't have to as big as Skyrim in its entirety, maybe as large as the Whiterun region, but have no towns or settlements, maybe a couple bandit camps that you can raid, get some suplies to start off with, maybe not even that. You could use all of the cool stuff from Hunterborn, Frostfall, Real Needs & Deseases, Organized Bandits in Skyrim, Immersive Patrols, Ars Metalica, stuff like that.

There could even be a few locations where there are burnt out villages that you can collect materials to build them up from a weather shelter to a nice house that you can call home. If you start to feel lonely, there could be NPC's that you can find wandering the land, lost, like you, and need your help. You could bring them back and have them stay in your home, at your old campsite, keeping warm around the fire, or you can build them a house of their own and depending on the house, they could be a hunter, farmer, smithy, alchemist or whatever job they are assigned.

Most importantly, to keep these settlements from making the survival experience feel to easy, there should be scripted events, once every two to three days, depending on the difficulty setting, there should be a monster or bandit raid on the settlement. Mining nodes and caves should respawn faster than normal too, that way you can still collect resources since your world wont be quite as big as Skyrim itself.

More, ofcourse, can be discussed and developped if the project were to go forward. Again, let me know if you want to work on this with me.

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in working in something similar, although more focused in travelling ; It would start as a short travel in which bandit camps could be raided for supplies. I don't have any experience in scripting and stuff but it would be nice to try

Well. I think this mod will be useless. Nevermind... I think all is useless... Dis depression...

And now seriously.

I like this idea cause it makes me remember about RTS for New Vegas. And that mod contains part of ideas you want to implement.

So

i'm bad at SCK, but i spend time a bit for G.E.C.K, i'm gonna be programmer, and i'm learning fast

and

I'm in

-----------------------------

And i like idea of 3guys-devteam

so... just write what you think

and then we will talk more specifically

-----sorry for poor english

I'll try to start from buildings. If you want it to be a burnt out villages, we can try to base it on Hearthfire building sistem

--or--

we can try to use Fallout: New Vegas RTS building system to build all you want and where you want

short respawn time chest with random building materials can be setted in specifically location for collect them sometimes, just like in Rust.

Now i'm going to look how Hearthfire works.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been keeping up with this here. Things have been hectic to say the least. And yes, I was definetally expecting Frostfall, Hunterborn and Real Needs & Diseases as being core recommended mods. They do so much for the overall atmosphere of the game.

I've seen the RTS mod for Skyrim, and though interesting, I don't know how effective it will be to use that as the core of the city building mechanics. I've used Pocket Empire before too and the lack of nav mesh on the placed object causes issues with NPC's. I was kinda thinking of taking something like the ruins of Helgen, just on a larger scale, like Whiterun, Solitude or Windhelm and making it possible for you to rebuild varuious structures as you have a need for them.

As far as lore goes, it would be cool to have a large island, like the topographic map of a large island like Hawaii or something, imported into the CK and create the worlds origen of monsters in Tamriel or something like that. It was just a thought I had in passing and would allow us to utilise a lot of the excelent monster mods on the Nexus. I even had this one idea of pitting the Dragonborn against a vampire lord in a cinimatic fight were the vampire lord tranforms and the Dragonborn (using the wings mod) unfolds their wings and they go at it in a super powered monster fight. Yeah, it's cheesy, but sometimes cheesy is fun.

Anyway, would be interesting to have a more linear plot to the mod, as the city is rebuilt, it becomes the City of the Dragonborn, as the player eventually becomes the hero that unites all the lost people and they fight back the monsters to eventually reseal the gate that is allowing the monsters into Tamriel. I don't know if all of this is even possible. Probably just want to start small, like getting a world made, build the ruined city for you to rebuild and give the player missions to rescue lost citizens.

All of this is really stuff I have to do on the side since, like all of us, I have a job that has to pay the bills, so if, collectively, we can work together to put even part of this together, the rest should come together over time.

Edited by GriffinPyros