Abstain from all mods?

Mattiewagg

So I've got a LOT of mods that I haven't endorsed from almost a year ago, about 7-10 pages of them. Is there a way I can just abstain from ALL of those I haven't yet endorsed rather than having to click through every page?

Ummm can't you just go into your site preferences and set the 'File reminder notice' to 'never' ? Then it won't ask you if you want to endorse any of those mods anymore? I could be confused about what you're asking though ...

I certainly don't want to contradict the site owner of all people, so maybe ask what that option does - because I never get 'reminders' to endorse mods I've downloaded at all.

Ummm can't you just go into your site preferences and set the 'File reminder notice' to 'never' ? Then it won't ask you if you want to endorse any of those mods anymore?

I certainly don't want to contradict the site owner of all people, so maybe that's not what that option does - but you might want to just give it a try.

Not what I meant, sorry if I was unclear.

I want the notices. Just not for the 200-300+ mods I've already installed in the past few years. Call me lazy, but I don't want to go through 13-15 pages of mods I've installed months or years ago.

Is it unfair to the mods that I downloaded a while ago? Maybe. But I chose not to endorse many of them for a reason, so going back through them again would be a pain.

Basically it would allow for a "clean slate" with the notices so they're not notices from a mod I downloaded in 2012.

• 2 years later...

I see this is an old topic, but as it's as relevant as ever - and I just went through a similar experience - I thought I'd share my method.

We can use a little JavaScript with jQuery to take care of this quickly. Open your browser's dev console (F12 usually) and enter this command to abstain from the first 10 items on the page that have NOT been abstained from:

$('a[title=Abstain]:not([onclick=""])').slice(0, 10).click()

It only does 10 at a time because I'm considerate enough not to send 100 requests at a time to the server.

Explanation:

a: the clickable link elements

title=Abstain: of those, only the Abstain links

:not([onclick=""]): once you have abstained, the site removes the onclick attribute, so this excludes any that have already thusly been clicked

slice: takes the first 10

click: calls the click function, the same as a mouse click would do