Looking for help scripting and quest making for a follower mod.

Solora

Hello, I'm Solora and I'm working on a female werewolf companion mod. I've never scripted or made a quest before, and I'm looking for someone experienced in working with these to help me work on my mod. I've attached a word document giving her more detail of her background. Please do not use any of her name or background for your own mods, she is my character and I take full ownership of her. My goal is to eventually have her fully quest and location aware, and voice acted. Please message me on the Nexus if you're interested. Thank you! Solora

Hello, I'm Solora and I'm working on a female werewolf companion mod. I've never scripted or made a quest before, and I'm looking for someone experienced in working with these to help me work on my mod. I've attached a word document giving her more detail of her background. Please do not use any of her name or background for your own mods, she is my character and I take full ownership of her. My goal is to eventually have her fully quest and location aware, and voice acted. Please message me on the Nexus if you're interested. Thank you! Solora

The issue with this sort of thing is this (and you may find someone to do this for you, you may not):

You are essentially asking a modder to put aside time to do something that you are not going to help with whatsoever. Yes, you provide the idea, but, like so many ideas for "amazing overhauls" or "HUGE mods" on the Nexus, ideas aren't nearly as hard to come by as some might think.

I respect your idea, but it's just one of these things that I (and some other modders, though I do not speak for them) find somewhat bothersome. Your best bet is to learn how to script and mod yourself. It's not as difficult as some might think. Just download the Creation Kit from Steam (it came with Skyrim) and read a few tutorials. For location awareness, look at conditions.

Still, I wish you luck with finding somebody to help you.

EDIT: Alright, that came off pretty hostile. I'm sorry, it's just one of those things that bothers me. Honestly though, you're most likely to get along if you learn yourself, and it's a good experience. The tutorials above will help you a lot.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Followers are such a personal thing when you've put a lot of thought into them and you're obviously attached to your character. Making her for yourself would be a lot more rewarding than getting someone else to do it. Also bear in mind that if anyone does offer to do this for you, they may not be as dedicated to it as you are and making her fully aware will be a long term project. If you learn how to do it yourself, you could work on it for as long as you wanted and make her exactly what you want her to be.

For what you want to do, the scripting involved would be minimal. Work through the quest tutorials in Matthiaswagg's first link and you'll know everything you need to get started. After that, it's just a question of experimenting to see what things do. You can always ask for help on the forums if you get stuck.

Good luck!

The issue with this sort of thing is this (and you may find someone to do this for you, you may not):

You are essentially asking a modder to put aside time to do something that you are not going to help with whatsoever. Yes, you provide the idea, but, like so many ideas for "amazing overhauls" or "HUGE mods" on the Nexus, ideas aren't nearly as hard to come by as some might think.

I respect your idea, but it's just one of these things that I (and some other modders, though I do not speak for them) find somewhat bothersome. Your best bet is to learn how to script and mod yourself. It's not as difficult as some might think. Just download the Creation Kit from Steam (it came with Skyrim) and read a few tutorials. For location awareness, look at conditions.

EDIT: Alright, that came off pretty hostile. I'm sorry, it's just one of those things that bothers me. Honestly though, you're most likely to get along if you learn yourself, and it's a good experience. The tutorials above will help you a lot.

It's okay, I don't take it as hostile. I didn't really think about it the way you and Northhare are saying. It would be better if I learn how to do it myself, I guess I'm just a little intimidated because I've never made a quest or scripted before, and I don't want to botch my follower. Thank you for the tutorial links.

It's okay, I don't take it as hostile. I didn't really think about it the way you and Northhare are saying. It would be better if I learn how to do it myself, I guess I'm just a little intimidated because I've never made a quest or scripted before, and I don't want to botch my follower. Thank you for the tutorial links.

Well if you look at the follower mod Inigo, it's pretty amazing and he's very location aware. But the author had never scripted before. Location/quest awareness is more about conditions than anything. ANd finding somebody to voice so many lines.

Followers are such a personal thing when you've put a lot of thought into them and you're obviously attached to your character. Making her for yourself would be a lot more rewarding than getting someone else to do it. Also bear in mind that if anyone does offer to do this for you, they may not be as dedicated to it as you are and making her fully aware will be a long term project. If you learn how to do it yourself, you could work on it for as long as you wanted and make her exactly what you want her to be.

For what you want to do, the scripting involved would be minimal. Work through the quest tutorials in Matthiaswagg's first link and you'll know everything you need to get started. After that, it's just a question of experimenting to see what things do. You can always ask for help on the forums if you get stuck.

Good luck!

You and Matthiaswagg are right, it'd be better if I learned how to do it myself. That way I can make her how I want. I've never done a quest mod or scripting before, and I'm a bit nervous about doing it right. I'm gonna give the tutorials Matthiaswagg linked a try and hopefully you'll see my mod in the coming months. Thanks! :smile:

Well if you look at the follower mod Inigo, it's pretty amazing and he's very location aware. But the author had never scripted before. Location/quest awareness is more about conditions than anything. ANd finding somebody to voice so many lines.

I didn't realize that he'd never scripted before. I love inigo, it's a great mod. Honestly, I will probably end up doing Ayleth's voice, because I know I'll have the time to do it, and I'm really the only one who knows exactly what she's feeling, if that makes sense. Your mods look very good,as well. I think Simple Taxes is very clever, and great for people who want as much Immersion (like me) as possible.

I didn't realize that he'd never scripted before. I love inigo, it's a great mod. Honestly, I will probably end up doing Ayleth's voice, because I know I'll have the time to do it, and I'm really the only one who knows exactly what she's feeling, if that makes sense. Your mods look very good,as well. I think Simple Taxes is very clever, and great for people who want as much Immersion (like me) as possible.

Thanks. I wish you luck on your mod.