Need help editing a mod in TES5edit.

ThatOneGirl

Hello everybody, I recently took a look at GrandDukeAdense's "Riften - Thief Edition" mod, and was very impressed with the new district that the mod adds to the outside walls of Riften. The interior was also very well done, but I already have a preferred Riften overhaul installed. I asked the author about possibly making a version of his mod that only added the new district outside the walls, and not everything else. He said he wouldn't do it, but gave me permission to do it myself. As seen here:

http://s2.postimg.org/ifdum9srd/Untitled.png

Unfortunately, I'm very much a novice when it comes to modding and I only know the very basics, like cleaning mods with TES5edit, and I've never attempted to edit core mod files in fear that I might break the mod. I was wondering if anybody here on the forum would be willing to walk through the process what GrandDukeAdense recommended to me. Any help would be much appreciated.

What he is suggesting you try, is just open it in TES5Edit Expand the esp & at the bottom where it says worldspace it will have Tamriel & RiftenWorld.

Right click on RiftenWorld and select remove.

I would also suggest you look at the list of edited cells & remove the ones from inside Riften.

Definitely do a hard save before you start playing with this mod installed.

There could be teleport links between inside and out & any number of things that could throw up errors.

But that is essentially what he suggested.

Edited by olnorton