No Poison effect on Ebony Mail

trelensis

Hi,

I have a lot of mods installed, but no one is supposed to modify the Ebony Mail (i'm talking about effects, i don't use vanilla textures). However, some mod removed the poison and muffled effects from the ebony mail and i can't find which one.

How can i find which mod modify the ebony mail ?

I have read the readmes of mod with lots of modifications, but still no clues.

Thx,

Trelensis

Couple of ways for you to find out:

1: Disable five plugins at a time till the problem is fixed, then when you isolate five reenable those five one by one till you find the culprit.

2: Check what your plugins change in tes5edit, this is probably pretty tedious work since you have to check one by one.

3: Alternatively you can make a little mod for yourself that overwrites the vanilla ebony armor, with vanilla ebony armor. And then just put that .esp in the bottom of your loadorder.

Thx for your answer,

I managed to find the item by using the references on the original item (from the armor list of skyrim.esm) on tes5edit, and the effect seems to still be there on the last loaded mod (ReProccer.esp, i use SkyRe).

Any idea on what may cause the effect not to trigger in Game ?

The effect still work well in Game, i managed to add it on another item via console to check it, but it's always on.

I don't know much about scripting, but the original effect seems to be triggered by an event on fight or sneak. And i think this event may not be dispached.

Is there any way to check this ?

EDIT : when i try to add the effect on the ebony mail via console, it still don't work, it's not even always on...

EDIT 2 : Ok, the effect is modified by a mod, thx for the information :)

Edited by trelensis