SKSE Not Detecting Mods

Cyphx03

This problem has actually been going on for a while, but I chose to ignore it. Now, it just gets on my nerves. Whenever I install a new mod and run Skyrim through SKSE, SKSE will refuse to acknowledge the fact that the mod even exists, even if the mod requires SKSE. The only way to get it working is to load up my save in the regular Skyrim launcher, wait a bit, save, and then load my save in SKSE. I haven't read about this happening to anyone else, and I've tried uninstalling and installing my game multiple times, but no luck. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Edited by Cyphx03

Their is no .."IN" SKSE

SKSE stands for ..Skyrim Script Extender. it (SKSE) is a way to launch the game and nothing more. IT expands the scripts the game uses. TO launch the game with SKSE running, you use the launcher for SKSE> "skse_loader.exe"

Their is no way to view mods or Saves "IN" SKSE.

EDIT: to add....when you launch teh game with the SKSE launcher....the Main menu that you load saves from is exactly the same no change. To see id SKSE is indeed running . Once game loads , Press [ESC} you can see the version of SKSE that is running on the left side of the frame.

IF you press (~) tilda, and load the console.....type ....getSKSEversion....will return version of SKSE that is running.

PIC ......<<<you can do it at the main menu

Edited by camaro_69_327

Thank you for the responses, but no one actually answered the question. Does anyone now why that when I launch Skyrim with skse_loader.exe, the newly installed mod doesn't show up until I run Skyrim with the regular launcher, save, and then start the game with skse_loader.exe? A simple "No, I haven't seen this happen, and I can't help you." would be ok. I'll move on.

Just to clear it up, here is what I mean. Whenever I install a new mod, if I start up Skyrim with skse_loader.exe, the mod won't appear. If If I start up Skyrim with the regular launcher, it will show up, and the only way for me to get it to show up is to save my game, and then load that save when I start up the game with skse_loader.exe.

So, once again, does anyone know of a fix?

If you do, I would appreciate it if you tell me.

Edited by Cyphx03

No, I'm not talking about an MCM menu. For instance, say I installed a weapon mod. If I started Skyrim with skse_loader.exe, the weapon from mod wouldn't appear until I loaded Skyrim with the regular launcher, load my game, wait a bit, save, and then load that save when I start up Skyrim with skse_loader.exe. It doesn't even mater if the mod requires SKSE. I won't show up unless I do what I just said.

Edited by Cyphx03