Forsworn Conspiracy Glitched

OgreSamanosuke

The moment I walk into Markarth, Weylin does his usual bit of trying to stab Margret, for some reason she won't die and runs off, often before he's even about to stab her, then he does his usual screaming and goes about attacking guards. Here's the problem, HE WON'T GODDAM DIE. EVER. Since he's constantly fighting, he puts the city on lockdown as per the quest, and I can't start Forsworn Conspiracy or do much of anything in town. He's not essential, as I've tried using console to toggle essential off and kill him manually or through console, neither works.

Tried to see if anything modified him and Margret into this bugged state with TES5Edit, but I'm borderline retarded on how to properly use it. I shouldn't have any mods editing Markarth except the Unofficial Patches.

If anyone can give me advice on how to get Weylin to die and fix this, or some other method to stop his nonsense I'll take it gladly. Hell, I'll take a crash course in TES5Edit if anyone is willing to see if it is the fault of a dirty edit in a mod.

The moment I walk into Markarth, Weylin does his usual bit of trying to stab Margret, for some reason she won't die and runs off, often before he's even about to stab her, then he does his usual screaming and goes about attacking guards. Here's the problem, HE WON'T GODDAM DIE. EVER. Since he's constantly fighting, he puts the city on lockdown as per the quest, and I can't start Forsworn Conspiracy or do much of anything in town. He's not essential, as I've tried using console to toggle essential off and kill him manually or through console, neither works.

Tried to see if anything modified him and Margret into this bugged state with TES5Edit, but I'm borderline retarded on how to properly use it. I shouldn't have any mods editing Markarth except the Unofficial Patches.

If anyone can give me advice on how to get Weylin to die and fix this, or some other method to stop his nonsense I'll take it gladly. Hell, I'll take a crash course in TES5Edit if anyone is willing to see if it is the fault of a dirty edit in a mod.

This is dumb, but are you sure you don't have any mod that makes npc protected and won't die? Just making sure.

Did you try clicking on him to get his id and type "kill."?

Yes, I tried the kill command numerous times, as I said. I tried toggling essential on and off and killing at all phases to get him to stay down, nothing worked.

I've since did more digging in Creation Kit to track down exactly what quest starts this (MS01IntroWorldScene) and if any mod I have edits it, none of which appear to. USKP edits Weylin and Margret, but neither are made essential. Something is protecting them, but I haven't the slightest clue what or how. I've even tried random tricks like the bEssentialTakeNoDamage = 0 setting in skyrimpref.ini. He doesn't even act like an essential, as he doesn't ever fall down. If I smack him upside the head he'll just whine at me, put his weapon away for a second, then pull it back out and run at a guard a second later.

• 6 months later...