Crafting arrows requires feathers

Avastgard

If you only want to add feathers to arrow crafting recipes, that shouldn't be too hard. I think Dawnguard is the DLC that adds the option to craft arrows. Do you have that DLC? I could make the mod for you in that case.

I think arrows are craftable without DLC, but bolts require Dawnguard. The major issue with this is the fact that feathers are not nearly as renewable as metal and firewood. Would the mod also spawn in flocks of birds that all come crashing down when a Fireball blows them up?

@Mavortius

Arrows are not craftable without Dawnguard. This is why there were multiple mods providing a variety of crafting recipes for arrows pre-Dawnguard.

@Avastgard

Ars Metallica provides craftable arrows with feathers as a requirement (among other things). Whenever stock feathers are obtained an amount of crafting feathers is also obtained. The reason is to allow the user to craft arrows without having to sacrifice feathers used for other things.

If you only want to add feathers to arrow crafting recipes, that shouldn't be too hard. I think Dawnguard is the DLC that adds the option to craft arrows. Do you have that DLC? I could make the mod for you in that case.

Thank you very much for the offer! I have the Legendary Edition, with all DLC's. Could you really do it for me? Perhaps add some feathers to leveled lists or to chickens' loot (not sure how easy would it be to do those things, though). I just don't want them to be too easily obtainable (check what I wrote below).

@Mavortius

Arrows are not craftable without Dawnguard. This is why there were multiple mods providing a variety of crafting recipes for arrows pre-Dawnguard.

@Avastgard

Ars Metallica provides craftable arrows with feathers as a requirement (among other things). Whenever stock feathers are obtained an amount of crafting feathers is also obtained. The reason is to allow the user to craft arrows without having to sacrifice feathers used for other things.

That looks like a cool mod, but I wonder if it's worth it to install it just for that feature. Ars Metallica adds a lot of things that I wouldn't like to have, like crafting lockpicks, gaining experience from using the smelter, tanning rack, etc. The main reason I would like to need feathers to craft arrows is that, even with ABT installed and the hardcore set for arrow scarcity, I still end up with too many iron and steel arrows (apparently, those are not affected by ABT). Besides, I have Dynamic Things installed, which means I can get piles and piles of firewood everywhere, making crafting arrows too easy.

• 3 weeks later...