Dungeons & Draugr Roleplaying Mod Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Balancing Vote: What should imperials get? You decide!

• 10% Magic Resistance
    • 15% Boost to speech
    • 15% Chance to slowtime in battle

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/SnippyChris/DungeonsampDraugrModLogo_zps26de0fd1.png

We have currently developed this project into a much bigger project and will have a much bigger effect! Check out Veritas: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2154574-project-development-for-veritas/

[/line]

Introduction

Greetings Nexus! My Name is Chris and I would like to welcome you to the Dungeons & Draugr Role-playing Mod! What's Dungeons & Draugr you ask? Well I am glad you asked that question. My dear players, Dungeons & Draugr is a role-playing mod that will open Skyrim up in a whole new way.

Take "Vanilla Skyrim" for example: You create a Male Imperial, and you want to role-play him as a Paladin of Arkay. In-order to role-play that in the game you have to do a lot of pretending and imagining of what your character is saying doing etc etc, right? Well in Dungeons & Draugr in order to role-play him would be to create a male Imperial, select the paladin class, and then once you go through the intro find a shrine of Arkay, pray to his shrine, receive his blessing and do his quest to become his champion. After that you Deity will of course need you to continue to do quests for him as well as keep his favor by living his way of life. All the while doing good deeds to keep his favor you are also playing the actual main quest line to do what a Paladin would do SAVE THE WORLD!

OK... OK... another example; You want to role-play an evil character, how would you do that in "Vanilla Skyrim"? Well of course you would restart you game create another character who starts with the same stats as your Imperial Paladin except you get the racial power of the female Breton you chose. Right there its already kind of ruined because they are all the freaking same! Health is the same, magicka is the same, stamina is the same! Where is the Role-play in that my friends? In Dungeons & Draugr you would really have to think about which race fits the characteristics of an evil character. You would need to think about male or female, because health stamina and magicka are all different. Then you have to decide what do I see my character specializing in, because you will start at basic stats for everything else, and if you don't have a proficiency in two-handed using that weapon will be pointless and stamina will be empty with one swing. One major factor for Dungeons & Draugr is so no character is ever the same!! I HATE that about Vanilla.

Description

Dungeons & Draugr will add a new role-playing value to the game. It is a mod that will allow you the player to have way more in game fun than just imagining your character doing something. Dungeons & Draugr focuses on the quality of role-play, which means a complete Race Overhaul, New abilities that help immerse the player, more things to do in Skyrim, and overall more fun. More interactions with NPC's, perks that really affect game play, and don't just boost skills; races with both positive and negative traits. Basically it all starts with you, the player. Also keep in mind that this is not just a solo project, I am very open to suggestions and feedback to make this mod the Best role-playing mod for the players.

Inspiration

While playing a game of D&D, I decided to try and bring D&D to Skyrim. I started a game spent 45 minutes creating the perfect looking Wood Elf and started playing. about a few days later I was bored, and didn't feel like playing that character anymore. So I downloaded SkyRe, played it, loved it. Downloaded Requiem.. loved it, but there was no Role-play factors in there. You could go kill all of Whiterun except for essential NPC's and then go pray to Arkay and get the blessing?!? What the crap!? So I decided to take on this project and see how well I can do. Also to enhance the role-playing factor wiki is being created to help you with all the features of Dungeons & Draugr Role-playing Mod. Check out the Dungeons & Draugr Adventurer's Manual for more details.

Modifications

• Character Creation (Click here for Race Section) - All Races need to be different from one another.

• Skills (See Manual) - These are just a joke. Anyone can get any skill making character creation dull.

• Abilities - Some of these make no sense, how can an Argonian know destruction magic?

• Talents & Traits (See Manual) - Will have positive and negative effects on each race.

• Magic Schools (See Manual) - Needs to be revamped. Example; if you don't know Destruction you cant turn our hand into a flame thrower.

• Alchemy - You should not be able to OP any character, and health potions shouldn't just cure you automatically

• Dark Magic - Such as Necromancy, Vampirism, Lycanthropy, and yes.. even most Thu'um should be considered bad!

Suggestions

I've got plenty of ideas for this mod, i would love for the community to suggest more, help me make this a more expansive role-playing mod. If you're suggesting something, please try not to keep it lore-friendly;) Because The Elder Scrolls is vast and we should be able to work with the universe we are given.

Development

This mod is extremely a work in progress, and will take time to make, however when this mod reaches a milestone I will release a Play Test(Alpha Build) So that we can all check it out, and submit feedback, and request and change the mod to be more beneficial for who...? That's right the Player! We are looking for Modders, Scripters, Writers, and Testers. Send me a PM and let me know if you are interested. In order to make the best of the mod we will have polls at the top of the thread for mod involvement, and development purposes,

Updates

To keep things nice and tidy you can check this section to find out where and what has been done or is being worked on for this project.

Update 9/29/14 -

• Changed how much bounty crimes cost to make Skyrim much more rewarding for criminals, and keep honest players honest.
  • Made a few balance changes to High Elves have 15% weakness to magic, changed Nords frost resistance from 50% to 25%
  • Changed a few more abilities for immersion purposes
  • Poison will now kill you over time if you don't cure it, but will also kill NPC's as well.
  • Lowered Khajiit Swimming Speed
  • Raised Khajiit on land and sprint speed
  • Raised Argonians Swimming speed

Update 9/30/14 -

• Added Cure poison Recipe and is Craftable from Alchemy Lab.

What are your thoughts on Dungeons & Draugr? What would you like to see in this project? Can you provide any help/support? Let us know in the thread.

[/line]

Credits

Project Coach: Chris

Lead Writer: Sarus31

=

The Modders: Chris, tx12001, guantanamobayxx

You can check out some of it here: Dungeons & Draugr Discussion on Skyrim Blog. and I am working on the manual here: Dungeons & Draugr Wiki Please let me know if you have any suggestions, feel free to let us know in the thread, and we can discuss it. I would love to make this mod project a community mod.
Edited by SnippyChris

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character Creation

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/SnippyChris/RacesBanner_zps4930002b.png

This is the race section for the Dungeons & Draugr Roleplaying Mod.

Here you will find the many changes and the information all about the Races, their traits and racial abilities. Keep in mind this is a mod that is in development and nothing is set in stone. I am open for feedback, suggestions and constructive criticism. As long as it will help improve this mod I will put it in.

[/line]

Altmer

Height: 6'5"

Racial Boosts

• +10 Destruction

• +5 Speech

• +5 Illusion

• +5 Conjuration

• +5 Restoration

• +5 Enchanting

Traits

Altmer have the following racial traits.

Disease Resistance (50%) Characters with this trait have a 50% chance to resist diseases.

(Racial) Highborn (100%) High Elves are born with 100 extra magicka.

Magick Vulnerability (15%) Over Exposure to the arcane arts has given the Altmer a slight vulnerability to magic, giving you a 15% Weakness to Magic Attacks.

(Racial) Mental Strength(In Development) Altmers have a much higher concentration than others, which grants them 50% Paralysis Resistance.

[/line]

Argonian

Height: 6'1" male, 5'9" female

Racial Boosts

• +10 One-handed

• +5 Pickpocket

• +5 Sneak

• +5 Light Armor

• +5 Alchemy

• +5 Lockpicking

Traits

Argonians have the following racial traits.

Disease Resistance (75%) Characters with this trait have a chance to resist diseases.

Immunity (poison) The character is immune to the effects of poison.

Amphibious The character can breathe water.

(Racial) Inscrutable(In-Development) Argonians receive a -10 penalty to speech when they interact with non-Argonians.

Claws Unarmed attacks do 10 points of damage and can stack with Fists of Steel perk, which gives an Argonian the upper hand without weapons.

(Note: Before this perk is unlocked, though, the Gloves of the Pugilist can be used to augment hand-to-hand combat.)

[/line]

Bosmer

Height: 5'3" male, 5'9" female

Racial Boosts

• +10 Archery

• +5 Sneak

• +5 Lockpicking

• +5 Pickpocket

• +5 Light Armor

• +5 Alchemy

Traits

Bosmer have the following racial traits.

Cannabalism According to the Green Pact Bosmer must eat anything they kill. Players with this trait can consume dead animals and people. You receive stamina and magicka regeneration for 8 minutes after consuming your fallen foe.

Disease Resistance (50%) Characters with this trait have a chance to resist diseases.

Poison Resistance (25%) If the character suffers poison damage after armor mitigation, reduce that damage by 25%.

(Racial) Natural Archers Bosmer receive +10 to Archery due to their early training as a child.

Beast Tongue Bosmer can speak to, and understand the speech of, animals. May fail if the Bosmer is not familiar with the animal or if the animal is of higher level.

[/line]

Breton

Height: 5'9" male, 5'6" female

Racial Boosts

• +10 Conjuration

• +5 Enchanting

• +5 Restoration

• +5 Destruction

• +5 Alchemy

• +5 Alteration

•  

Traits

Bretons have the following racial traits.

Magic Resistance (50%) If the character suffers any kind of magic damage after armor mitigation, reduce that damage by 50%.

Power Well (50%) Characters with this trait have more magicka than usual. The size of their Magicka Pool is increased by 50% of its base.

[/line]

Reachmen

Needs Height

Racial Boosts

• +10 Conjuration

• +5 Destruction

• +5 Sneak

• +5 One-handed

• +5 Marksman

• +5 Alchemy

Traits

Reachmen have the following traits.

Poison Resistance(25%) Your adept knowledge in poison creation has given you a 25% Resistance to poison.

Command Animal Your time on the land has given you a deep understanding of creatures around you, allowing you to command a nearby animal.

Blessing of the Old Gods Your Worship of the Old Gods gives you 10% Faster Magicka Regeneration.

[/line]

Dunmer

Height: 5'9"

Racial Boosts

• +10 Destruction

• +5 Archery

• +5 One-handed

• +5 Sneak

• +5 Light Armor

• +5 Alchemy

Traits

Dunmer have the following racial traits.

Dark Vision Darkvision is the extraordinary ability to see with no light source at all, in black and white only.

Fire Resistance (75%) If the character suffers fire damage after armor mitigation, reduce that damage by 75%.

Ancestor Guardian (In Development)

[/line]

Imperials

Height: 5'9"

Colovian Racial Boosts
  • +10 Restoration
  • +5 Block
  • +5 Smithing
  • +5 Enchanting
  • +5 Heavy Armor
  • +5 One-Handed
Nibenese Racial Boosts
  • +10 Speech
  • +5 Lockpicking
  • +5 One-Handed
  • +5 Pickpocket
  • +5 Light Armor
  • +5 Alteration
Traits
Imperials have the following traits.
(Colovian Racial) Blessing of Tamriel Colovian Imperials are blessed by the religious powers of Tamriel which gives them a 50% boost to their stamina.
(Nibenese Racial) Imperial Luck Since Nibenese make great traders and merchants. There is a 100% chance to find up to 10 more gold in chests and coin purses.
Voice of the Emperor Imperials speak with a small bit of power and majesty of the Emperors which allows them to calm their foes or receive better prices when they barter.
[/line]
Khajiit
Height: 5'9" male, 5'6" female
Racial Boosts
  • +10 Sneak
  • +5 Pickpocketing
  • +5 Lockpicking
  • +5 One Handed
  • +5 Light Armor
  • +5 Alchemy
Traits
Khajiit have the following traits;
Night Eye A character with this trait can see normally even in areas with total darkness, and never takes penalties for acting in areas with dim or no lighting.
Feline Athletics Khajiit move 20% faster than other races, take only half falling damage, and may jump 50% higher.
Claws Unarmed attacks do 15 points of damage and can stack with Fists of Steel perk, which makes a Khajiit formidable without weapons.
(Note: Before this perk is unlocked, though, the Gloves of the Pugilist can be used to augment hand-to-hand combat.)

[/line]

Nord

Height: 6'3"
Racial Boosts
  • +10 Two-Handed
  • +5 Block
  • +5 Light Armor
  • +5 One-Handed
  • +5 Smithing
  • +5 Speech
Traits
Nords have the following Traits
Frost Resistance (25%) Your Nord blood gives you 25% resistance to frost.
Shock Resistance (25%) Your Nord blood gives you 25% resistance to shock.
Battlecry Nords are natural users of the voice and when they yell in battle it intimidates their foes to the point of causing fear in their hearts.
[/line]
Orismer
Height: 6'3"
Racial Boosts
  • +10 Smithing
  • +5 Two-handed
  • +5 Heavy armor
  • +5 Block
  • +5 One-handed
  • +5 Enchanting
Traits
The Orismer have the following Traits.
Built Tough (10%) Increase the character’s Health by10%
Blessing of Malacath Your worship of Malacath has awarded you 25% resistance to magic.
Weakness to Poison (25%) This gives the Orcs a 25% weakness to poison, and all things of poisonous origins.
[/line]
Redguard
Height: 6'1" male, 5'9" female
Racial Boosts
  • +10 One Handed
  • +5 Destruction
  • +5 Block
  • +5 Restoration
  • +5 Light Armor
  • +5 Archery
Traits
Distrust of Magic Redguards have a deep distrust of magic, giving you a 25% Weakness to Magic.
Disease Resistance (75%) Characters with this trait have a chance to resist diseases up to 75%.
Poison Resistance ( 75%) If the character suffers poison damage after armor mitigation, reduce that damage by 75%.
Adrenaline Rush Needs better description
[/line]
Edited by SnippyChris

This sounds like an interesting idea. I like it please continue, I'd love to see the traits you come up with for the other races.

Oh and don't be discouraged by a lack of responses, there are plenty of greats ideas that get zero responses (some of my ideas get no responses either :sad:) So it's not just you that's having this problem.

I may not be a very good modder so can't help in that regard, I'd certainly be interested in playtesting the mod for you, assuming you went ahead and made the mod.

Edited by Sarus31

Greetings @Sarus31!

I have started production of this mod and it is going along quite well. Come back tomorrow and I will have the thread updated with all the changes. Feel free to stop by the wiki and check out the pages. Those are the changes I am trying to make and as for Test modding... Absolutely!

*Edit* After speaking with Colev0 over in the chat he offered some insight that I am going to try. It must be the scripting, because all of the cannibalism works except the actual cannibalism itself. http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140914054758/dungeons-draugr/images/thumb/6/6c/Green_Pact_Cannibalism.png/800px-Green_Pact_Cannibalism.png

see up there ^^ ;)

Edited by dekription

Brilliant! I'm glad this mod is still being worked on (To many good ideas either don't get used or are simply abandoned :sad:)

Great i'll keep an eye on the updated page, I'm glad you still need play testers and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Oh btw which wiki did you mean?

Edited by Sarus31

Morning Sarus! Yes this mod is in full development, and currently only by me, and soon that may change or maybe not..lol. I will guarantee as long as Skyrim is around I will work on this mod. The wiki I was referring to is at:http://dungeons-draugr.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Draugr_Wiki

I follow everyone of those pages and check that much more frequently ;) and I will make a new thread over in the Mod Talk section or maybe see if Host will move this one for me. *asks mod to move thread to mod talk*

Edited by dekription

Why are you naming it dungeons and draugr? Draugr and Dragons sounds much better

That is a great name, and I even thought about that name. However I believe there is a few table top games, and even a few let's plays titled that. But to show I was seriously thinking about the name check this out. Also I want to thank you for your feedback and keep the suggestions coming.

10436011_372623712894942_618106484402064

Tx12001, Its his mod thats why :tongue:, it sounds fantastic and id really like to get involved but sadly i am only a novice modder

Thanks Mason for the compliment! How would you like to get involved in the project, what would you like to do? '

Before I go, What racial boosts should an Imperial have 1 +10 and 5 +5 boosts please.