Dungeons & Draugr Roleplaying Mod Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Balancing Vote: What should imperials get? You decide!

• 10% Magic Resistance
    • 15% Boost to speech
    • 15% Chance to slowtime in battle

I can't wait to see what you do with the other races.

I am actually working on the Imperials now and I can't seem to ffigure out what group roles would an Imperial specialize in. Or what starting boosts they should have other than +10 resto +5 one handed +5 block due to religious benefit and their military training.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you naming it dungeons and draugr? Draugr and Dragons sounds much better

That is a great name, and I even thought about that name. However I believe there is a few table top games, and even a few let's plays titled that. But to show I was seriously thinking about the name check this out. Also I want to thank you for your feedback and keep the suggestions coming.

10436011_372623712894942_618106484402064

Tx12001, Its his mod thats why :tongue:, it sounds fantastic and id really like to get involved but sadly i am only a novice modder

Thanks Mason for the compliment! How would you like to get involved in the project, what would you like to do? '

Before I go, What racial boosts should an Imperial have 1 +10 and 5 +5 boosts please.

idk im just now getting into modding and the games i mod mostly are skyrim, fallout NV, and a few other random titles but id try to help with boosts and lore friendly Racial edits like you have done for the ones above, ive played every TES game and im the type of guy to sit around for hours and read every book i find. so lore is my specialty

@Mason Thats awesome! I would love to have your expertise in TES lore, and also editing racials and any other kind of help you would like to offer. I am also a novice modder so this will be a great project to start on. Head over to the wiki and grab a username and I will give u editor rights. the wiki is our adventurer's manual for the mod, so whatever we put in the wiki we will put into the mod. And we dont have to be uber lore friendly but I would like to keep it around the Lore and TES Universe. So What do you think we can do for Khajiit? I have the descriptions for the race so what we need now is

• Traits
  • Group Roles
  • Favored Class

after that I would love a description for the Nords. But the wiki has our structure. Dungeons & Draugr Wiki

Hmm... maybe the khajiits should have bonuses towards sneak, pickpocket and light armour, however to differentiate them from say the Bosmer, how about giving the Khajiits a bonus in illusion spells (they are a stealth based race after all) Maybe Imperials should have a speech bonus as well (apparently they are quite a diplomatic race)

But these are just my ideas, you don't have to use them.

Hmm... maybe the khajiits should have bonuses towards sneak, pickpocket and light armour, however to differentiate them from say the Bosmer, how about giving the Khajiits a bonus in illusion spells (they are a stealth based race after all) Maybe Imperials should have a speech bonus as well (apparently they are quite a diplomatic race)

But these are just my ideas, you don't have to use them.

Sarus I love the idea of speech boost for the Imperials since they are diplomatic, and illusion magic for Khajiits that is quite crafty! Thanks for feedback check out: DaD Imperial Wiki Page What do you think about that one?

In regards to group roles for the Imperials I have a few ideas, first we must have a look at the differences between the Nibenese and the Colovians.

The Nibenese are a civilised and cosmopolitan people who are good at trade and diplomacy, However playing as a noble or a merchant may be boring to some, so maybe Nibenese could make decent thief builds (though not as good as Bosmer or Khajiit skill wise, the Nibenese try and talk their way out of problems using their skills in diplomacy could possibly help them get out of sticky situations easier) The Nibenese are apparently good battle mages (though not as good as Bretons or Elves in regards to magic, the Nibenese could bring a combative element to the fight)

The Colovians by comparison are more rough and ready, they are tough, hardy, stubborn and crude by comparison, however the also quite disciplined and ordered as well. The Imperials are described as "less imposing" compared to say the Redguards, Elves, Orcs and Nords, So perhaps focusing on defence, blocking and faster sword movement could be a way of dealing with more ferocious opponents. Colovians are also apparently very religious, so maybe you could have a knight/Templar build who are religious warriors that utilise both Heavy armour, Maces and restorations magics to compensate for a lack of shielding.

So if we merge the Colovian and Nibenian builds into the Imperial race, I'd say make the Imperials a "Jack of All Trades" race to play as, which has no major combat, stealth or mage bonuses, but they could be good at everything.

These are just my thoughts and ideas so feel free to use them or not, also if I've made any lore mistakes please correct me.

Edited by Sarus31

In regards to group roles for the Imperials I have a few ideas, first we must have a look at the differences between the Nibenese and the Colovians.

The Nibenese are a civilised and cosmopolitan people who are good at trade and diplomacy, However playing as a noble or a merchant may be boring to some, so maybe Nibenese could make decent thief builds (though not as good as Bosmer or Khajiit skill wise, the Nibenese try and talk their way out of problems using their skills in diplomacy could possibly help them get out of sticky situations easier) The Nibenese are apparently good battle mages (though not as good as Bretons or Elves in regards to magic, the Nibenese could bring a combative element to the fight)

The Colovians by comparison are more rough and ready, they are tough, hardy, stubborn and crude by comparison, however the also quite disciplined and ordered as well. The Imperials are described as "less imposing" compared to say the Redguards, Elves, Orcs and Nords, So perhaps focusing on defence, blocking and faster sword movement could be a way of dealing with more ferocious opponents. Colovians are also apparently very religious, so maybe you could have a knight/Templar build who are religious warriors that utilise both Heavy armour, Maces and restorations magics to compensate for a lack of shielding.

So if we merge the Colovian and Nibenian builds into the Imperial race, I'd say make the Imperials a "Jack of All Trades" race to play as, which has no major combat, stealth or mage bonuses, but they could be good at everything.

These are just my thoughts and ideas so feel free to use them or not, also if I've made any lore mistakes please correct me.

Sarus you have one heck of a way of thinking! I love it. So you so a jack of all trades race, so I will make both races, have the stats you suggested to reflect if you could do me a favor, and layout the Racial stats such as 1 +10 ea and 5 +5s each. It will greatly help out the process, and so far Sarus your ideas have matched mine and I am glad that you have helped out so much. Yesterday was crazy so I didn't get to finish Khajiit.

-We will create 2 Imperial Race selections one Nibenese and one Colovian each with different racial boosts and group roles. I will have the manual reflect that later today.

-Lastly love the way you broke them down to where anyone who read that knew what you were talking about.

**Real quick for the Nibenese do you think +10 for pickpocket or lockpicking?

Edited by SnippyChris

Hahaha no problems SnippyChris I'm glad you like my ideas and I'm happy to help, I might be a rubbish modder, but I've got a few ideas wracking around my brain. I laid out the colovians and Nibenese the way I did for that exact reason (and for my own benefit Lol)

Hmm... I'd say Lockpicking for the Nibenese (because lets face it, Khajiit and Bosmer are already pretty light fingered lol)

Oh btw, what do you mean by "layout the racial stats"?