Dungeons & Draugr Roleplaying Mod Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Balancing Vote: What should imperials get? You decide!

• 10% Magic Resistance
    • 15% Boost to speech
    • 15% Chance to slowtime in battle

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question. How will a new overhaul mod contribute to a Let's Play series? Won't most of the changes be purely numerical, and unlikely to influence anything substantial on film?

Thank you for you interest in Dungeons & Draugr mlee3141, Actually this mod will have drastic effects on film, due to it being geared around actual roleplay. For example if your character starts as an Argonian, their skills are starting at 0 except for the boosts chosen, therefore picking up a 2 handed sword would literally be useless, therefore you would need a perk into the 2 handed skill tree before you would be able to really do any damage with it. Or another example if you chose to be a Nord than if you tried to use a bow than chances are you will miss due to lack of training in Archery. Also a class system which I am still trying to map out will give more roleplay value and provide different skills and stat boosts.

Do you have any ideas that you would like to add or suggest to help improve influence on film? What would you do?

I like your writing; and I think you've done an excellent job describing each race. The pictures make a nice touch too!

Now, I'm not a big fan of roleplaying in general, and tend to use whatever means to "win" games as long as I'm not cheating. Even if I have 0 skill in archery, I would still shoot arrows when I run out of magicka, compensating for the inaccuracy. This way, I can take down any powerful melee character. Conversely, attacking a mage with brute force is still more efficient than a long, drawn out duel, even with 0 skill in one/ two handed. Bottom line: Skills and stats don't influence my playstyle, and eventually, I'll grow skilled in the areas I have use for, not the ones thrust upon me by fate and destiny.

In order to have any influence on film, I believe visible features are in order. Altmers rarely train with swords, so perhaps swing melee weapons 30% slower, and deal 50% less damage with them. However, their spells always create an AoE effect, and deal massive damage, with increased chances of lingering effects. That's just one example; I'm sure you can think of others on your own. Good luck!

Edited by mlee3141

I like your writing; and I think you've done an excellent job describing each race. The pictures make a nice touch too!

Now, I'm not a big fan of roleplaying in general, and tend to use whatever means to "win" games as long as I'm not cheating. Even if I have 0 skill in archery, I would still shoot arrows when I run out of magicka, compensating for the inaccuracy. This way, I can take down any powerful melee character. Conversely, attacking a mage with brute force is still more efficient than a long, drawn out duel, even with 0 skill in one/ two handed. Bottom line: Skills and stats don't influence my playstyle, and eventually, I'll grow skilled in the areas I have use for, not the ones thrust upon me by fate and destiny.

In order to have any influence on film, I believe visible features are in order. Altmers rarely train with swords, so perhaps swing melee weapons 30% slower, and deal 50% less damage with them. However, their spells always create an AoE effect, and deal massive damage, with increased chances of lingering effects. That's just one example; I'm sure you can think of others on your own. Good luck!

Thank you for the excellent compliments. You know I didnt even think of the small things like handicapping swing speeds and reload speeds on the bows. Now I am a very new modder, so I would like to ask, how would I go about editing weapon damages and speeds? Is there a way to decrease reload times for bows/crossbows? Or can you point me in the right direction to achieve this? And thanks for the luck I am going to need it.

P.S. checked out your thread loved the video!

Thank you! I'm a writer and quest designer, so I have little experience with perks/ magic effects. Your best bet would be the CK Wiki. They have a bunch of scripts, functions and tutorials.

Thank you for your advice, and feedback! What I may do is add some mods into this mod to allow for more advanced gameplay, but we shall see what happens first.

Oh don't worry about the Reachmen description I'm fine with you using it, I'm grateful actually.

I'm glad you like that! The class system is in place and If you want I can get you a link to do a private playtest. Keep in mind it is roughdraft, so feedback is a must. The Classes are a bit rough and need quite a bit of fine tuning but progress is good! let me know Sarus and I will give you a link in pm