Skyrim: Windfall Expansion

NightGuardX

[/line]

If you are a scripter, voice actor or a story writer and can help with the mod I would really appreciate your

help with the mod.

Note:

Silverwind ideas has been implemented here, so disregard those mods...

Other Note:

Inspired by a Immersive Quests by Matthiaswagg, Check it out his mod right here. --> Forum Page

Final Note:

I am on here each and everyday so look forward to replies and updates!

[/line]

Description

The "Windfall" expansion will add fresh new quests to the game into places that deserves to have some more things happening there. I don't mean fetch quests or other fillers, I mean actual engaging quests that bring the player into the game a bit more. I want to focus on adding quests with custom fully voiced NPCs, interesting plots, and even BETTER rewards that depend on the quest completed. I will plan on adding new towns and new people to the world with there own backstories.

My goal for this mod is to add something everyone can enjoy. Since I want the mod to be a HUGE mod, It will be very Work-In-Progress for quite a while, but I will post many updates and pre-releases (testing releases) for all to see how progress is going.

What I want to focus on is...

1. Not "Fetch Quests" or simple filler quests - I don't want to have random quests which serve little to know purpose and come with no reward to the player. I want something well made and designed to reward the player for putting time and effort into their quest.

2. Details! - Imagine a world of Skyrim where every NPC in a quest had so much detail it baffled you, that's what I am for in fact. I want something to be detailed and filled with little slight things that add so much to a character or story that it might have not been the same without it.

3. Free Will - Adding choices and making them significant to the quest is such a huge thing I want to add cause well the player should have right to free will. I want to even add something like multiple paths in the quest so that you can make the morally right choice (Ex: Saving a Khajiit Town) or morally wrong choice (Ex: Assisting the Bandits) in the mission.

4. Realistic Characters and Good Dialogue - I really want to strive to make characters well made and believable. I want them to have good traits and bad traits and not just "Evil" cause "Game says so...".

Suggest a Quest Idea

You can always know that I will appreciate feedback and help of ANY kind by ANYBODY, so please do help me as I'm not the most creative person in the bunch. I would love Quest Ideas that can be long, but not so long that it can be a stand-alone game. I can't do such BIG quests as I'm only one guy with other life things to do, so don't send those in. :happy:

The reason for no quests submitted currently is so that I will have time to actually present the full idea and not some bits and pieces of what I've got so far. I want to present it professionally and not lazily, so I will hold off on telling it yet :sweat:

Mod Team

Current Team:

NightGuardX (Quest Designer, Project Manager)

Darkrouge21 (Voice Actor)

Edited by NightGuardX

A quick question. What exactly is Windfall? Is it a village, a new land, or a questline? Maybe even a village/ town situated on a new landmass with an eponymous questline? Also, exactly what idea/ philosophy is this mod based off of? For example, Vortex of Time revolves around Time Travel, preventing the Great Collapse and overhauling Winterhold, while Immersive Quests seems to revolve around giving as much freedom to the Player as possible, while maintaining moral ambiguity in almost all of its quests.

Edited by mlee3141

A quick question. What exactly is Windfall? Is it a village, a new land, or a questline? Maybe even a village/ town situated on a new landmass with an eponymous questline? Also, exactly what idea/ philosophy is this mod based off of? For example, Vortex of Time revolves around Time Travel, preventing the Great Collapse and overhauling Winterhold, while Immersive Quests seems to revolve around giving as much freedom to the Player as possible, while maintaining moral ambiguity in almost all of its quests.

I am also curious where the name came from.

And yes, IQ is like that. I'd like to have a few slightly less morally ambiguous quests because, while choice is good, having it in every quest makes it a bit too similar.

I agree, and I wasn't criticizing IQ; I was just providing a (hopefully) well-known example. Oh, and I think this idea is similar to the Vvardenfell Expansion as well; both in name, and in concept (if Windfall is indeed a new landmass).

Edited by mlee3141

I agree, and I wasn't criticizing IQ; I was just providing a (hopefully) well-known example. Oh, and I think this idea is similar to the Vvardenfell Expansion as well; both in name, and in concept (if Windfall is indeed a new landmass).

I didn't interpret it as critique - it's fine. :smile:

And from what I can tell from the description... Windfall isn't a new landmass. Essentially, it's Immersive Quests.

I could be wrong though

EDIT: Yep, completely wrong.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Well, the OP seems to have the landmass created, and hasn't done much with the quests yet, based on what I inferred from his lines and screenshots. That's why I assumed Windfall is a new landmass. Oh, and I still don't fully understand the purpose of this thread; he didn't seem to introduce any new ideas here, besides claiming to adopt your philosophy.

Edited by mlee3141

A quick question. What exactly is Windfall? Is it a village, a new land, or a questline? Maybe even a village/ town situated on a new landmass with an eponymous questline? Also, exactly what idea/ philosophy exactly is this mod based off of? For example, Vortex of Time revolves around Time Travel, preventing the Great Collapse and overhauling Winterhold, while Immersive Quests seems to revolve around giving as much freedom to the Player as possible, while maintaining moral ambiguity in almost all of its quests.

Um... I appreciate the fact that you find my idea interesting, but why create another? Silverwind seemed to be going well.

Also, just in case you were under the impression Immersive Quests is dead, it's not. I'm just getting my computer fixed.

Not meaning to be hostile, it's just something I'm already working on and thus, I'm unsure the point of having another (almost identical) mod that just began when there's another in progress.

And perhaps it seems like a stolen idea...

I was not under the impression of the mod being dead, actually I had believed that the mod was doing well...

I was originally going to make this mod combined with Silverwind and Sins of the Dragonborn (My brother's idea.) but I was feeling a little needed to be added to the game while playing Skyrim a while ago...

So that's when this thread came...originally I wanted to add just some basic quests to some places to fill Skyrim up a bit, but I was reading Immersive Quests and felt that I could do a bit more to improve said ideas. I didn't plan to add quests all over Skyrim and make it as big as Immersive Quests.

Actually my idea was for this mod was to focus on Riverwood (and other small locations) and a new land named "Windfall".

Whenever I worked on Silverwind I didn't really like the name as an area more as a title really, so in my Silverwind files I called it Windfall instead...Windfall was going to be a place that could be traveled to in Skyrim and consisted of Nordic Villages and Towns, but realizing that I was a bit "too" ambitious going in I decided to focus on Tamriel a bit more and I have started to think that me expanding Tamriel more would be better for me than a whole new land.

I guess in summary I am saying I want to expand Tamriel and was in no way trying to steal ideas from Immersive Quests such as expanding choices, and adding many new quests. This mod was going to try to add a new place, and quests to the pre-existing world and newly added world, but I guess I came off "wrong" I suppose...

Well, the OP seems to have the landmass created, and hasn't done much with the quests yet, based on what I inferred from his lines and screenshots. That's why I assumed Windfall is a new landmass. Oh, and I still don't fully understand the purpose of this thread; he didn't seem to introduce any new ideas here, besides claiming to adopt your philosophy.

Well now I'm thoroughly confused. If he's adding new quests to a new landmass, that's not really like IQ at all. That's just another mod that adds a new landmass with quests.

What screenshots? I thought he meant the quest ideas from Silverwind would be adopted.

As such, given the rather similar description to IQ, I thought it was essentially IQ. It's a bit confusing... It seems like a "new idea/mod" from the author which basically is Immersive Quests but with different quests.

A quick question. What exactly is Windfall? Is it a village, a new land, or a questline? Maybe even a village/ town situated on a new landmass with an eponymous questline? Also, exactly what idea/ philosophy exactly is this mod based off of? For example, Vortex of Time revolves around Time Travel, preventing the Great Collapse and overhauling Winterhold, while Immersive Quests seems to revolve around giving as much freedom to the Player as possible, while maintaining moral ambiguity in almost all of its quests.

Um... I appreciate the fact that you find my idea interesting, but why create another? Silverwind seemed to be going well.

Also, just in case you were under the impression Immersive Quests is dead, it's not. I'm just getting my computer fixed.

Not meaning to be hostile, it's just something I'm already working on and thus, I'm unsure the point of having another (almost identical) mod that just began when there's another in progress.

And perhaps it seems like a stolen idea...

I was not under the impression of the mod being dead, actually I had believed that the mod was doing well...

I was originally going to make this mod combined with Silverwind and Sins of the Dragonborn (My brother's idea.) but I was feeling a little needed to be added to the game while playing Skyrim a while ago...

So that's when this thread came...originally I wanted to add just some basic quests to some places to fill Skyrim up a bit, but I was reading Immersive Quests and felt that I could do a bit more to improve said ideas. I didn't plan to add quests all over Skyrim and make it as big as Immersive Quests.

Actually my idea was for this mod was to focus on Riverwood (and other small locations) and a new land named "Windfall".

Whenever I worked on Silverwind I didn't really like the name as an area more as a title really, so in my Silverwind files I called it Windfall instead...Windfall was going to be a place that could be traveled to in Skyrim and consisted of Nordic Villages and Towns, but realizing that I was a bit "too" ambitious going in I decided to focus on Tamriel a bit more and I have started to think that me expanding Tamriel more would be better for me than a whole new land.

I guess in summary I am saying I want to expand Tamriel and was in no way trying to steal ideas from Immersive Quests such as expanding choices, and adding many new quests. This mod was going to try to add a new place, and quests to the pre-existing world and newly added world, but I guess I came off "wrong" I suppose...

Miscommunication runs rampant in the internet. Sorry for my rather quick assumptions. A slightly clearer description (Windfall is a NEW landmass with interesting and engaging quests) might clear it up, but it was my own fault as well.

Again, I apologize. It's been a rough day.