Skyrim: Windfall Expansion

NightGuardX

A quick question. What exactly is Windfall? Is it a village, a new land, or a questline? Maybe even a village/ town situated on a new landmass with an eponymous questline? Also, exactly what idea/ philosophy exactly is this mod based off of? For example, Vortex of Time revolves around Time Travel, preventing the Great Collapse and overhauling Winterhold, while Immersive Quests seems to revolve around giving as much freedom to the Player as possible, while maintaining moral ambiguity in almost all of its quests.

Um... I appreciate the fact that you find my idea interesting, but why create another? Silverwind seemed to be going well.

Also, just in case you were under the impression Immersive Quests is dead, it's not. I'm just getting my computer fixed.

Not meaning to be hostile, it's just something I'm already working on and thus, I'm unsure the point of having another (almost identical) mod that just began when there's another in progress.

And perhaps it seems like a stolen idea...

I was not under the impression of the mod being dead, actually I had believed that the mod was doing well...

I was originally going to make this mod combined with Silverwind and Sins of the Dragonborn (My brother's idea.) but I was feeling a little needed to be added to the game while playing Skyrim a while ago...

So that's when this thread came...originally I wanted to add just some basic quests to some places to fill Skyrim up a bit, but I was reading Immersive Quests and felt that I could do a bit more to improve said ideas. I didn't plan to add quests all over Skyrim and make it as big as Immersive Quests.

Actually my idea was for this mod was to focus on Riverwood (and other small locations) and a new land named "Windfall".

Whenever I worked on Silverwind I didn't really like the name as an area more as a title really, so in my Silverwind files I called it Windfall instead...Windfall was going to be a place that could be traveled to in Skyrim and consisted of Nordic Villages and Towns, but realizing that I was a bit "too" ambitious going in I decided to focus on Tamriel a bit more and I have started to think that me expanding Tamriel more would be better for me than a whole new land.

I guess in summary I am saying I want to expand Tamriel and was in no way trying to steal ideas from Immersive Quests such as expanding choices, and adding many new quests. This mod was going to try to add a new place, and quests to the pre-existing world and newly added world, but I guess I came off "wrong" I suppose...

Miscommunication runs rampant in the internet. Sorry for my rather quick assumptions. A slightly clearer description (Windfall is a NEW landmass with interesting and engaging quests) might clear it up, but it was my own fault as well.

Again, I apologize. It's been a rough day.

No problem, it was kinda my mistake as well as I just came from reading your thread and was very well distracted when typing it all up (I usually read my post 2-3 times before posting.) I might do a new thread showing that it IS a new area and just adds about a couple more new quests to Tamriel.

Didn't mean for this all to happen but no problem :sweat:

A quick question. What exactly is Windfall? Is it a village, a new land, or a questline? Maybe even a village/ town situated on a new landmass with an eponymous questline? Also, exactly what idea/ philosophy exactly is this mod based off of? For example, Vortex of Time revolves around Time Travel, preventing the Great Collapse and overhauling Winterhold, while Immersive Quests seems to revolve around giving as much freedom to the Player as possible, while maintaining moral ambiguity in almost all of its quests.

Um... I appreciate the fact that you find my idea interesting, but why create another? Silverwind seemed to be going well.

Also, just in case you were under the impression Immersive Quests is dead, it's not. I'm just getting my computer fixed.

Not meaning to be hostile, it's just something I'm already working on and thus, I'm unsure the point of having another (almost identical) mod that just began when there's another in progress.

I was not under the impression of the mod being dead, actually I had believed that the mod was doing well...

I was originally going to make this mod combined with Silverwind and Sins of the Dragonborn (My brother's idea.) but I was feeling a little needed to be added to the game while playing Skyrim a while ago...

So that's when this thread came...originally I wanted to add just some basic quests to some places to fill Skyrim up a bit, but I was reading Immersive Quests and felt that I could do a bit more to improve said ideas. I didn't plan to add quests all over Skyrim and make it as big as Immersive Quests.

Actually my idea was for this mod was to focus on Riverwood (and other small locations) and a new land named "Windfall".

Whenever I worked on Silverwind I didn't really like the name as an area more as a title really, so in my Silverwind files I called it Windfall instead...Windfall was going to be a place that could be traveled to in Skyrim and consisted of Nordic Villages and Towns, but realizing that I was a bit "too" ambitious going in I decided to focus on Tamriel a bit more and I have started to think that me expanding Tamriel more would be better for me than a whole new land.

I guess in summary I am saying I want to expand Tamriel and was in no way trying to steal ideas from Immersive Quests such as expanding choices, and adding many new quests. This mod was going to try to add a new place, and quests to the pre-existing world and newly added world, but I guess I came off "wrong" I suppose...

Well my 2 cents:

Touching the vanilla world can cause compatibility issues. Anything can, of course, but particularly places like Riverwood which have many mods altering them.

New worldspaces, on the other hand, have no compatibility issues other than the one small area that will connect your worldspace to Tamriel. This gives you free rein in your area. I've been limited when creating IQ, since I can't really add lines to the vanilla characters (mostly because their voices would sound weird but also because of conflicts). So I recommend making your little worldspace (a new town) and really fleshing it out and giving it depth. Sometimes, a narrower goal can help you achieve things faster.

i.e. Vortex of Time focuses on the CoW, while IQ focuses on the addition of new, unique and medium sized quests to Skyrim (pretty broad, but...). Rather than focusing on your town, and then some quests in a few other villages, think about focusing soley on your town.

We could really use some better town mods. We've got plenty of empty towns with no quests (or just filler ones). Really focusing on one, slightly smaller project will allow for a better quality resul.

Just my take on it. :smile:

Use that information how you please.

Miscommunication runs rampant in the internet. Sorry for my rather quick assumptions. A slightly clearer description (Windfall is a NEW landmass with interesting and engaging quests) might clear it up, but it was my own fault as well.

No problem, it was kinda my mistake as well as I just came from reading your thread and was very well distracted when typing it all up (I usually read my post 2-3 times before posting.) I might do a new thread showing that it IS a new area and just adds about a couple more new quests to Tamriel.

No need to create a new thread. You should just edit the description a tad, probably.

Actually, its perfectly possible to add lines to Vanilla characters; I completely revoiced Tolfdir, Faralda and Savos Aren with brand-new greeting, combat, and even collide-with-actor lines. However, you would need to change their voicetype, and rewrite their "Vanilla" dialogue when applicable. Its a lot of work, for both me and my VAs, but the end result is a Vanilla character that can be elaborately tied into a modded questline. Just a thought, if you plan on using Vanilla characters in Windfall/ Silverwind. Oh, and be sure to disable their Vanilla lines first, by adding impossible conditions, otherwise it won't work.

Edited by mlee3141

No need to create a new thread. You should just edit the description a tad, probably.

I know, I just kinda want to add some new stuff you know?

Actually, its perfectly possible to add lines to Vanilla characters; I completely revoiced Tolfdir, Faralda and Savos Aren with brand-new greeting, combat, and even collide-with-actor lines. However, you would need to change their voicetype, and rewrite their "Vanilla" dialogue when applicable. Its a lot of work, for both me and my VAs, but the end result is a Vanilla character that can be elaborately tied into a modded questline. Just a thought, if you plan on using Vanilla characters in Windfall/ Silverwind. Oh, and be sure to disable their Vanilla lines first, by adding impossible conditions, otherwise it won't work.

Oh yes, completely possible. But the question was this:

- Completely revoice 3 vendors and Kleppr to add about 5 lines of dialogue to each.

- Not do that quest idea.

I went with the latter. I might not of if I really needed the quest, but I didn't, so it was alright.