OBSE Issue

I installed it. Installed Oblivion and copied the three little OBSE files all on my own. No, those three files are not in the Data folder, they are in the Oblivion folder. And no, I'm not re-reading the same old error file; attempting to run obse_loader.exe right now as I type this still spits back "Couldn't inject dll."

No, I'm not using the D2D or Steam version of the game. 2 disk GOTY Edition, fully patched of course. I've done this before. I had it working just fine when I still had Vista. Its only now that problems arise. I simply don't remember if there was an OBSE subfolder or not...its been months since I saw my previously modded Oblivion folder.

As an "it might help" step, take a look at the properties for each of the obse dlls that you have (right click on each of the files from the file explorer window). At the bottom of the General page, look for a "This file blocked..." message and an Unblock button. If you see it, unblock the files.

I had that thought too. No change.

Let me ask this instead...I didn't notice OBSE mentioned in the FCOM install guide. I would have thought such a massive overhaul would require it and I've been hesitant to start installing it before working out my problem with OBSE. Is it really not required? Could I possibly get by without it?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey FifthManDown!

I know it may be a little late, but I found a solution for your problem. I had the same issue with OBSE too, so I searched this forum and found your thread.

The reason OBSE can not inject the .DLL files is a mod. In this case it's precicely the "Immersive Interiors" mod. When I had it checked, OBSE couldn't inject the .DLL, when I had it unchecked, everything worked just fine (using FMOD).

Perhaps - if you do not use "Immersive Interiors" - it may be another mod causing this issue. I still don't know why a mod can cause this, but somehow there's a connection to OBSE.

Maybe it won't help you anymore, but for other people getting to this thread it may be interesting.

Greetings

dr4konite

• 5 months later...
Hello to all. I have just installed Oblivion for the first time since i put windows 7 on my box. I have played it many times in the past and love it. However i am having the exact same problem. I have turned off every mod, running plan old vanilla oblivion and i can't get OBSE to work. I have the same dll insert failure. I have tried the most recent and beta version with no effect. Someone please help, i want to add content to my game.

Hello to all. I have just installed Oblivion for the first time since i put windows 7 on my box. I have played it many times in the past and love it. However i am having the exact same problem. I have turned off every mod, running plan old vanilla oblivion and i can't get OBSE to work. I have the same dll insert failure. I have tried the most recent and beta version with no effect. Someone please help, i want to add content to my game.

Did you install your game somewhere other than the default location in c:\Program Files (x86)? If not, you need to uninstall and reinstall to a different directory, such as c:\games\oblivion. New security features in Win 7/Vista will try to protect your game from being modded if you install in c:\Program Files (x86) or c:\Program Files.

My game is installed on G:\Obivion. It is currently completely vanilla, fresh install. My firewall was temperairly disabled, my anti-virus was temperairly disabled. All permissions are enabled, nothing is blocked. Still, Obse will not work. I have the exact same DLL insert failure as the OP. Windows firewall has every exception i can find thrown into it for obse and oblivion. I have tried it in admin mode and in compatabilty mode. I have deleted my ini file.I have done everything that was recommended from the post so far. I am.....sadly....on the verge of a reformat to fix the problem caused by a single game. My system is well beyond minimum specs for the game. I have fallout 3 installed, played threw and loved on this comp along with oblivion. All i can think is that some deep dark part of my registry is laughing at me, spitting at my face. I am debating ordering up a new 2 tb drive, installing windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on it,(what im running now) and adding it to my 1.5 tb drive in my compy. Grrr, the sad thing is that i feel that this game is still worth that trouble......

My game is installed on G:\Obivion. It is currently completely vanilla, fresh install. My firewall was temperairly disabled, my anti-virus was temperairly disabled. All permissions are enabled, nothing is blocked. Still, Obse will not work. I have the exact same DLL insert failure as the OP. Windows firewall has every exception i can find thrown into it for obse and oblivion. I have tried it in admin mode and in compatabilty mode. I have deleted my ini file.I have done everything that was recommended from the post so far. I am.....sadly....on the verge of a reformat to fix the problem caused by a single game. My system is well beyond minimum specs for the game. I have fallout 3 installed, played threw and loved on this comp along with oblivion. All i can think is that some deep dark part of my registry is laughing at me, spitting at my face. I am debating ordering up a new 2 tb drive, installing windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on it,(what im running now) and adding it to my 1.5 tb drive in my compy. Grrr, the sad thing is that i feel that this game is still worth that trouble......

Okay, I found a article which might relate to your problem - specifically in comparing or changing the "integrity level" of the OBSE launcher to be equal to or higher than Oblivion.exe.

Integrity Levels and DLL Injection

If it works for you, I'd appreciate hearing about it...

Thank you for the help. After some frustrated attempts at following the guide, i believe that my integrity of all files are high, so that should not be the problem. I dug around in it alittle bit more and may have some more info, and a couple of possible thoughts, but still need help. OBSE makes a notepad file with this in it

OBSE: initialize (version = 19.4 010201A0)

oblivion root = G:\Oblivion\

plugin directory = G:\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\

patched

and OBSElog1 file

OBSE: initialize (version = 19.4 010201A0)

oblivion root = G:\Oblivion\

plugin directory = G:\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\

checking plugin G:\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\obse_1_2_416.dll

plugin G:\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\obse_1_2_416.dll does not appear to be an OBSE plugin

checking plugin G:\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\obse_editor_1_2.dll

plugin G:\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\obse_editor_1_2.dll does not appear to be an OBSE plugin

patched

OBSE: deinitialize

As before, i did not make, or place anything in this folder, so im not sure why its looking for it. I made it later to see if it would help, it does not. Also, i find that i have an unuseable oblivion32.exe running in my process under task manager that i have to manualy close. If i do not close it, will end up with multiple instances of it running, and while it doesn't take up much resources, i will easily lose several hundred megs of ram to it.

My install is fresh....again,again...again so i can not find fault with that.

I am lost in sea of info, with no tools for a paddle. Thank you for the help so far, can you guys bring me the rest of the way in?

checking plugin G:\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\obse_1_2_416.dll

checking plugin G:\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\obse_editor_1_2.dll

Do you actually have these files in this location as OBSE seems to think? The obse_1_2_416.dll and obse_editor_1_2.dll should be installed in the G:\Oblivion directory only. Either move these to G:\Oblivion or (more likely) remove them if you already have a copy of these files in G:\Oblivion already.

Did you get your OBSE from the official site? http://obse.silverlock.org/ if not get a new copy from there and try again.

OBSE will not work on certain versions - the D2D version in particular. But there are other legal downloadable versions that it will not work with also - Steam actually worked with the OBSE team to be sure it worked with steam. :thumbsup: And of course, if you have a pirate version all bets are off and you are on your own.

Did you get your OBSE from the official site? http://obse.silverlock.org/ if not get a new copy from there and try again.

OBSE will not work on certain versions - the D2D version in particular. But there are other legal downloadable versions that it will not work with also - Steam actually worked with the OBSE team to be sure it worked with steam. :thumbsup: And of course, if you have a pirate version all bets are off and you are on your own.

Yes, all of those file are in the correct spot, nestled in with oblivion. However that is where that log1 file refers to them. Yes, i got the files from the offcial site. I have tried archived versions and version 20 also, to no avail. I am running the game of the year edition, which comes with nights of the nine and shivering isles. It also patches up to the newest version. Obse simple will not work. My story is excatly like the OP story, same problem, no solution.