So, what are peoples thoughts on Destiny? I am level 23 Hunter as of writing this and have played a fair amount of both the story and crucible modes.

It is very repetitive. There are basically only two story missions types: kill this or scan/interact with this. The didn't even go to the trouble of recording different lines so when you accept mini sidequest missions in the games free roam 'Patrol' area you will often just hear the same lines.

Each planet has one or two sidequest boss battles and they all follow the same basic formula of 'go here and fight three waves of enemies while the door is opened. Go fight one mini bosses, then go fight the main boss. Profit.' Some times it is 'kill these three enemies to open the door' or there might not be any mini boss but other than that they are the same. All the boss aren't even different, they are just bigger versions of a regular enemy.

Having other players randomly populate areas you are in (I think the maximum is 16) is pretty cool and novel but they rarely don't make a difference to you. You will usually just pass each other without any kind of recognition, each of to do their task. Finding people in game to play with and join your Fireteam is very hard so you will generally have to rely on people you already know and that are a similar level to you to help you do hard missions.

The Crucible can be pretty fun. Higher level people don't really have any real advantage in terms of damage but they might have unlocked more of their classes abilities and so there is a slight advantage there but it can be easily overcome if you are better at FPS. Some of the classes abilities are very OP and very infuriating if you don't have a similarly OP super ability.

I was a Hunter and the Gunslinger is useless in Crucible. The Golden Gun depends entirely on your precision aiming in close quarters and you only get three shots. Maybe if it made you resistant to damage it might be better but as it is it is useless. On the other-hand the Hunter Bladedancer will annihilate you. Their super is a timed knife attack that makes them run faster, teleport around, and chain knife strikes. If there are a group of enemies reasonably close together they have no chance of stopping you.

The only gun you can really use as a primary is your AR. The key to victory is being able to do as much damage in a short amount of time and the other primarys (single shot, burst fire, revolver) don't do enough damage to overcome their slow rates of fire. You can still get kills with them but it is just harder to do.

I feel like the FOV isnt wide enough. There was many a time in Crucible where I watch players literally run straight past each other and once you get close to an enemy you pretty much start blindly firing and hiting, just hoping to shoot the other guy.

It looks pretty great. I rarely just stop and look at scenery in games but there were a few time while on Venus that I just stopped to look at something but sometimes the artsyle doesn't seem particularly original. The Hive base on moon looks exactly like the Locust underground in GoW. Some of the armor looks just like stuff you would find in Halo (I honestly saw a Titan with armor exactly like Halo EVA armor)

Some of the songs in the soundtrack sound like they were made for Halo but used in Halo, but maybe it is just me. It is the same composer so I guess it can is somewhat understandable but they could of been In Halo and I wouldn't of know the difference.

I'm probably not expressing my feelings very well and I always recommend playing a game your self to form your own opinions. If I had to give it a score I would give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. It is just to repetitive and too much like other games (Some Halo, some Borderlands, I think some Mass Effect, some of the art style is remarkably similar to GoW) that it is only really unique in that it is a mash up of different games. It has no real character of its own.

i have the game from a preorder for PS4, but due to certain circumstances, i mot likely wont be getting a PS4 until Black friday or Christmas, so I wont be able to play- the game for awhile....only managed like two hours during the Beta due to time constraints.

IVe been hearing some good and bad things, but mostly overwhelmingly good things. I love MMOs/RPGs, so this is my type of game. i dont like FPSs except (mostly) of the Fallout or Borderlands type, so im set there too.

looking forward to eventually playing this game....however if this game ever gets announced on PC, i will be jumping ship immediately. This type of game will feel right at home on a PC.