Morrowind Mod Request(s)

MaiktheHonest

Being an Oblivion player somewhat interested in turning to Morrowind, I have searched for some mods with functionalities similar to those from Oblivion, namely a kind of necessities mod with (lacking a better word...) dynamic necessities (like Basic Personal Needs and Basic Personal Hygiene for Oblivion, for those who know them) and temperature bonuses/maluses (like Frostfall for Skyrim... I've read about it). Another thing that I have understood from all I've read is that the player can't sit on chairs and equivalent furniture. Is there a mod that allows it? [EDIT: I mean for all chairs, not through strange workarounds - I've read something about sitting pants or something like that, and I'm not interested in that]

Thanks in advance for the answers.

First forum post ever! Yay!

Edited by MaiktheHonest

Being an Oblivion player somewhat interested in turning to Morrowind, I have searched for some mods with functionalities similar to those from Oblivion, namely a kind of necessities mod with (lacking a better word...) dynamic necessities (like Basic Personal Needs and Basic Personal Hygiene for Oblivion, for those who know them) and temperature bonuses/maluses (like Frostfall for Skyrim... I've read about it).

<snip>

Necessities of Morrowind by Taddeus

Temperature by Zappara

<snip>

Another thing that I have understood from all I've read is that the player can't sit on chairs and equivalent furniture. Is there a mod that allows it? [EDIT: I mean for all chairs, not through strange workarounds - I've read something about sitting pants or something like that, and I'm not interested in that]

<snip>

No, there's nothing like this. Doing what you ask would require an engine re-write. There's a lot of hope pinned on OpenMW but they need to get a feature comparative version out before adding additional features. Over on the Bethsoft forums there's a staggering number of things in people's wish lists for post-1.0 OpenMW

<snip>

First forum post ever! Yay!

Welcome to the Forums! Edited by Dragon32

Thank you for your quick response. The chair part I can live with, and, reading back what I wrote, it seems such a noob-ish request that I am ashamed of myself... Regarding these other mods you pointed me to, I had found them already, and was considering them. If I remember correctly, doesn’t NoM force you to eat twice a day, at fixed time, and sleep eight (or was it six?) hours a day? Is there some kind of alternative in which the needs evolve according to what you do?

And is there a possibility to change that Temperature mod in a way to have cloaks instead of armo(u)r protect you from cold (I can try modding something, I have a very basic grasp of programming, so scripting should be only hard, not outlandishly impossible)?

Thank you, once again.

I've never used NoM, it's the most widely used of these kinds of mods in the Morrowind community. They're not really the kind of thing that floats my boat.

Couple of others may suit you better:

Primary Needs 2.8 by Balor & error fix by Elthar

Necessities for Purists by maura amalia.

As to the Temperature mod, it looks possible. You'd need to do a fair bit of noseying around in zappara's scripts. It looks pretty complex.

Morrowind Scripting for Dummies

Edited by Dragon32

<snip>

Another thing that I have understood from all I've read is that the player can't sit on chairs and equivalent furniture. Is there a mod that allows it? [EDIT: I mean for all chairs, not through strange workarounds - I've read something about sitting pants or something like that, and I'm not interested in that]

<snip>

No, there's nothing like this. Doing what you ask would require an engine re-write.

There is one mod which allow you to sit down, but sitting in a chair are limited to the tradehouse in Vos.

Edited by leonardo2

Thank you both for your suggestions. Sorry for the delay, but I had several situations that made it impossible for me to have time to reply. I would only like to ask for suggestions to other mods, of any kind, that encourage immersive behaviour and/or role-play by (more or less accurately) simulating real elements, such as aging, diseases (I know there are diseases in the original game, but I was thinking more about some kind of system in which you had symptoms and problems that would worsen with time, depending on the disease, and then you would have a specific cure for that condition), long-time injuries, some kind of friendship with NPC system... Anything in the sense of making the game more real and immersive, really.

I thank you in advance for the answers.

P.S.: Is there a link to the most recent version of Necessities of Morrowind?

[EDIT: I forgot to ask these two things: 1) Is there some kind of stronghold house mod with (almost) every funcionality available, and guards, and staff, and such? 2) Which is the best companion mod (preferrably something like Vilja, with story and a romance option)]

Edited by MaiktheHonest

Messed up the NoM link in my previous post. Fixed now.

For realism mods look at Tarnsman's Empirical Morrowind. A lot of the things you ask for aren't available for Morrowind, whilst there is Morrowind Script Extender it is no where near as extensive in its functions as Oblivion Script Extender.

kwshipman's List of House mods.

A companion I hear good things about is Kateri's Julan.

Mods on those lists from Mythic Mods may well be on Morrowind Modding History

[Edit: couple of Bethsoft house threads:

House mods recommendations.

Recommend Me A few house Mods].

Edited by Dragon32

Thank you both for your suggestions.

P.S.: Is there a link to the most recent version of Necessities of Morrowind?

[EDIT: I forgot to ask these two things: 1) Is there some kind of stronghold house mod with (almost) every funcionality available, and guards, and staff, and such?

You're welcome. :smile:

NoM --> http://mw.modhistory.com/download-53-12114

I strongly suggest you to try Stuporstar's Uvirith's Legacy 3.2 with a couple of addons and one of them is UL TR-addon for Tamriel Rebuilt - Sacred East 1.5 (completely optional). Also read this about UL TR-addon.

It's also recommended not to use the MWSE-Companion and MWSE-Primus MWSE-addons because the scripts are utterly broken and Stuporstar mention it here.

Thank you, once again. I haven't replied because I have been in Vvardenfell, wandering about, looting here and there, along with the occasional dungeon-clearing activities... You should know the drill...

Well, just one more thing: when I said "stronghold", I overlooked the fact that the game includes the faction-specific strongholds; I meant a castle, or fortress, or some kind of fortified house for the player, complete with guards and staff. So: which is the best?

P.S.: Sorry for being so demanding and picky...