Anyone ever complete Skyrim on PC?

Fatumetfatis

Anyone ever complete Skyrim on PC?

Yes....Got the Game release day...First Play-thru, Mod free completed main Quest and a crap load of side quests, Thieves Guild, Mages , Dark Brotherhood most everything. Rare crash...

Second Play-thru, a few mods (less then 50) Complete: Mages, Main Quest and a lot of side quests, spent more time living off the land, crafting and hunting...Few crashes...

This is now my third play -thru, 257 MODS, am now level 33 have had 5 crashes, normal play sessions are 5 - 8 hours long ,crashes usually happen late (like at the 8 hour mark) i blame it on computer overload..lol...pair of 580's running full tilt (2.8 GB VRAM in use) for 5 hours is really asking a lot...especially with 2K Hd and a full blown ENB.

To date Steam says i have played 692 hours. Thing is, it does take a lot of reading and testing to be sure you have a stable starting point. Use the tools modders have given us and you can have a good experience with Skyrim.

LOOT

Wrye Bash

MO (Mod Orginizer)

TES5Edit

Stable Ugrids to load

SKSE w / SKSE.ini (replaces SSME) memory management

ENBboost With or Without Graphic part (memory management)

Learning, and using all the above and you can have a stable Skyrim.

760 hours + all steam achievements. I'm not sure if I did every stupid "get this item for me"-quest there is, but I did most of them and finished the main quest+civil war several times and all the dlcs. For me it's completed which has the side effect that I really can't "touch" it anymore... To quote the ebony warrior: "I have done all that can be done. There is nothing left. No quests to be undertaken. No villains to be slain. No challenges to face."

If you only want to play a vanilla game, then the Unofficial Patches are really all you need. Everything else is gravy. Personally, I don't use Wyre Bash (regularly) or LOOT, and I manage my own mod order using NMM and TES5Edit. I read all the mod documentation I can lay hands on, and I take notes.

I was forced to install Bash (techinically Smash for Skyrim) because a mod I wanted to use required a utility which required Bash, but I haven't touched it since then.

One thing that I didn't see anyone else suggest is verifying your game cache through Steam. As you play, the game files will get corrupted to one degree or another, and verifying your game cache will fix that. I've found this is often all I need to do fix some nagging little issues.

Edited by Jannifer