Horrible-looking scars

Tajjara

Last ngiht ym husband reinstalled Skyrim from scratch. He has no mods altering scars, and is using Coverwomen 3 faces and Genox-nobeard faces. He's tried with his ENB on and off, but he's still getting base game scars that look like this:

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/fragmentedbeauty/72850_screenshots_2014-09-14_00002.jpg

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/fragmentedbeauty/72850_screenshots_2014-09-14_00001.jpg

He even tried downloading some new scars that were meant to be very subtle, but they turned out like this too, on every character with scars. Anyone have any idea why?

That's the girl with a burn mark from the interesting NPCs mod right? Aren't those npcs standalone? As in, changes to vanilla features would not affect her? Have you tried how the scars look on regular npcs or the player? Also, it looks like she has the grey face bug, which might also be a reason for the face not updating. Here's how to fix grey face bugs: http://www.creationkit.com/Dark_Face_Bug

Edited by Valkasha

I did say though, it isn't just her. Its every NPC with scars in the game, including his player character. Before his reinstall her scars looked fine, as did everyone elses. How does she have a grey face bug? She looks completely normal to me. I can't show you the rest of the game, but everyones faces look normal, aside from the scars being too bright and red.

Edited by fragmentedbeauty

Her face is grey. This is how she is supposed to look: http://3dnpc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/zora_a_great_NPC_Euther.jpg (the scars do look slightly different from vanilla but I don't see much of a difference? what's the problem?)

If you think this is what normal skyrim faces look like, you probably have a ton of people walking around with the gray face bug.

Edited by Valkasha

I think the different in skin tone you're seeing in his shot is because he's holding a lantern up to her face. When he's running around his game normally, no one has faces that don't match their bodies. I see that the scars are similar but in his game they are just far too bright. They didn't even look like that before his re-install. I wish I could get more screenshots but he's out of town at the moment.

Do you have a screenshot of how it used to look?

@Bojanni that doesn't really look like her screenshot.

Anyways, could you provide a loadorder?

You sure you don't have a mod that retextures scars?

Do your mods like ENB or imaginator add more red to the scars? In other words, do they make them more saturated? Because they simply look more saturated to me. Give me a screenshot with and without ENB, preferably with similar light to that image I posted.

Edited by Valkasha

As I said in the first post, ENB on or off does nothing. No, I don't have a screenshot from before. My husband has NO mods that alter appearance besides UNP, Coverwomen (which I also use and do not have the same issues with), and Better Males (which again I use with no issues). I'm 100% absolutely sure he has no mods that alter scars, because I sat there with him while he did his reinstall and watched what he put in.

I'll have him give the high resolution scars a try when he gets back in town, see how that goes. I guess it could be the mismatch of high-res textures with low-res scars, it's just strange he didn't get the same issue on his last playthrough.

You keep saying that but you realise that unless you believe in magic this is not possible right? If the scars are different from vanilla, in this case they just look more saturated, which means you either have a mod that adds more saturated scars or a mod that saturates everything, specifically red, it means you have a mod that changes them. Mods that can change this include ENBs but there's more mods that do so like: "I can't believe this is not ENB", imaginator and others. Heck it can even be an ini setting you changed somewhere. I think it would be best to let your husband continue the troubleshoot because we're not going to get anywhere this way.

Edited by Valkasha