Horrible-looking scars

Tajjara

Just some thoughts.....

In the mod Coverwoman 3, has a tint mask...does that have to do with scars? ->Data\textures\actors\character\character assets\tintmasks\...

Do you have an SKSE.ini and have the high res Tint masks enabled? as below..

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
Do you have the mod ->XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement< installed? your scars look close to those...
just brainstormin....

i don't think the tint masks would show up as over-saturated red. The issue i had with tint masks, they turned out to be black.

and isn't the tint mask for overlay resolutions on the face? I know i had to put that in mine to get higher resolution war paints and tatoos to show as they should.

and i read your sig...i'm gonna try that in mine.

After rewriting my reply a dozen times because of new trains of thought, and moving images from google around on different monitors to see differences between them, I saw something odd. I'm going to ask a few questions that sound really stupid, but if the skyrim installation is brand new and the scars are totally different, then there is a fragment of the old installation still around and it's rearing it's ugly head through this.

Last ngiht ym husband reinstalled Skyrim from scratch.

Did your husband redo the TES5Edit folder?

Delete and reinstall and re-clean?

And did he reinstall the nexus mod folder? this includes overwrites, etc?

Are the contrast settings the same? Are they different? Check your video card control panel. Check skyrims display settings.

A mod list would be helpful and make things easier, so we could check things out ourselves, but not required. It could spur new trains of thought...

He deleted all installation folders so he could start completely from scratch. I'd love to get a modlist but he's not wanting to take the time to do it, hence why Im posting on his behalf (I'm tired of hearing him complain about his game!). However, I'm not an idiot, I can read the modlist with my own two eyes and know that he didn't have any mods that were for scars. I watched and supervised his install, watching each and every mod he put in his game and advising him on what order to install them. There's nothing there, except the hi-res ones we were suggested to try in this thread, that did help the issue.

We've looked at his ini files, and he regenerated them from scratch. No change.

We can try without Coverwomen, but I actually have the exact same skin/body setup in my own game but without the same problem, mine look fine. Even without hi-res scars. Though who knows, maybe something got corrupted during installation. I'll also check his ini file for that tint texture resolution line, though I think he's already done that for warpaints. No XCE installed, just Racemenu.

Thanks to everyone offering alternative ideas besides just accusing me of having mods Im not aware of. It's definitely helping, as they are things I didn't think to check already. I wouldn't need to ask for help if it was something as simple as an out-of-place mod.

I'd love to get a modlist but he's not wanting to take the time to do it

Really, 60 seconds is too long? Boss can generate a list itself and with Loot, it's a copy and paste with the last report, surrounded by spoiler tags here.

advising him on what order to install them.

hold up.. are you not using Boss or Loot?

We're using loot. When I said I was telling him what order to install, I meant for mods that overwrite others, like Complete Crafting Overhaul, etc. After everything was installed, then we ran LOOT.

after running LOOT....Highlight entire >>right side. Press CTRL +C , Open a post here and Press CTRL + V (in spoiler tags) takes about 30 seconds.

We're using loot. When I said I was telling him what order to install, I meant for mods that overwrite others, like Complete Crafting Overhaul, etc. After everything was installed, then we ran LOOT.

after running LOOT....Highlight entire >>right side. Press CTRL +C , Open a post here and Press CTRL + V (in spoiler tags) takes about 30 seconds.

I know right.. almost sounds like she's afraid to get her problem solved... Stop being so stubborn and show us your modlist. We know you think there's nothing on there that can help, but so did a lot of people before you and 90% of the time it simply turns out they overlooked something.

It's not MY modlist. You keep saying 'your modlist, your mods'. It's not my game, it's my husbands. As much as I'd like to post his list, he won't post it. I'm only here trying to solve the issue for him because I don't like hearing him complain about his game. I'm not afraid to get my problem solved (which is a very insulting thing to say, by the way; why in the world wouldn't I want the problem fixed?), I'm just trying to work with what I can and have access to while doing it for a stubborn husband. Maybe you should try actually reading what I'm saying before you keep commenting.

And by the way, showing the LOOT list might not even help, as texture mods without ESP's don't even show up in the list. Maybe it could have, but I can't get into his computer to get it, especially without his permission.

I guess he'll just have to deal with funny scars, because I'm tired of having to listen to the way you talk to me on his behalf. Thanks to anyone else who tried to help instead of just continuously insulting me.

Edited by fragmentedbeauty

Nobody is insulting you... We are asking for something as simple as a modlist and you won't provide that to us. I find it very hard to believe that your husband won't even post his bloody mod list (I said modlist, not Lootlist) and load order. If he really is that stubborn he doesn't deserve to get his *problem* fixed, simple as that.

This post exists for a reason: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1592053-how-to-ask-for-help/

We simply cannot help you properly without you following the rules of that post, it will always be guess work which could take centuries.

How hard is it to just ask your husband to copy his modlist or copy his modlist yourself and post it here, literally takes less than a minute. You are married for f*#@s sake... how hard is it to just ask for access to his PC for a minute so you can solve his damn problem.

Stop acting like we are out to insult you, every person in here has tried to help you and you just turn them away saying they are insulting you. You want us to be mean to you, fine can arrange that. Get over yourself. If you have a problem and want it fixed, don't be proud to admit you might have overlooked stuff. Follow the instructions of those you seek help from, don't say no you're wrong it can't be that. That's not only ignorant, it's also insulting and rude to the ones that're trying to help you out.

Edited by Valkasha

It's not MY modlist. You keep saying 'your modlist, your mods'. It's not my game, it's my husbands. As much as I'd like to post his list, he won't post it. I'm only here trying to solve the issue for him because I don't like hearing him complain about his game. I'm not afraid to get my problem solved (which is a very insulting thing to say, by the way; why in the world wouldn't I want the problem fixed?), I'm just trying to work with what I can and have access to while doing it for a stubborn husband. Maybe you should try actually reading what I'm saying before you keep commenting.

And by the way, showing the LOOT list might not even help, as texture mods without ESP's don't even show up in the list. Maybe it could have, but I can't get into his computer to get it, especially without his permission.

I guess he'll just have to deal with funny scars, because I'm tired of having to listen to the way you talk to me on his behalf. Thanks to anyone else who tried to help instead of just continuously insulting me.

Then maybe you should tell your husband to ask for help instead of you. I know for a fact that if you want a mod that's over 2 MB, you need to sign up. The credentials work in both areas, mods and forums. It would take literally 5 minutes for him to come here, post his mod list, get the help needed and resolve a problem. And quite honestly, from my stand point, if he's too stubborn to do that, he deserves the freaky looking scars.

And btw, every texture mod i've ever installed, it's contained ESPs or BSAs which require an ESP, as far as I'm aware.

Nobody is insulting you... We are asking for something as simple as a modlist and you won't provide that to us. I find it very hard to believe that your husband won't even post his bloody mod list (I said modlist, not Lootlist) and load order. If he really is that stubborn he doesn't deserve to get his *problem* fixed, simple as that.

This post exists for a reason: http://forums.nexusm...o-ask-for-help/

I have to say the same thing now. Yes, I agree with Valkasha now. If you didn't use Loot, then i would have understood. But if you can use loot, you can mod, you can open up last report and copy and paste the information into spoiler tags. I use You in a general sense. Your husband could easily do it as well.

Even i used that forum thread to double check to make sure i had everything before posting here. didn't help that nobody even offered a suggestion or bothered to comment, but w/e.

We simply cannot help you properly without you following the rules of that post, it will always be guess work which could take centuries.

How hard is it to just ask your husband to copy his modlist or copy his modlist yourself and post it here, literally takes less than a minute. You are married for f*#@s sake... how hard is it to just ask for access to his PC for a minute so you can solve his damn problem.

Stop acting like we are out to insult you, every person in here has tried to help you and you just turn them away saying they are insulting you. You want us to be mean to you, fine can arrange that. What I think really is the case here: You aren't married. You don't have a husband. You have a problem and you are too proud to admit you might be wrong in something you said earlier, therefor you refuse to post a mod list and twist your own words and that of others and get all defensive. Now you got cornered and so deep into it you ran out of excuses and can't do anything but leave with your tail between your legs. Get over yourself. If you have a problem and want it fixed, don't be proud to admit you might have overlooked stuff. Follow the instructions of those you seek help from, don't say no you're wrong it can't be that. That's not only ignorant, it's also insulting and rude to the ones that're trying to help you out.

That's the tone i was unwilling to take, but sometimes its necessary. And be it true, the italics and bold, it shouldn't be hard to get this problem solved. And if he downloaded the mod himself, which access to the forum, he should have posted himself.

We're all trying to help here. Following a few simple rules and posting some required information to help diagnose the issue will benefit everybody involved as we'll have the same information to look at from the Loot list itself. As Valkasha said, it's guess work and that could take forever. Do yourself a favor, open Loot up, click last report, ctrl A to select all, ctrl C to copy it, throw some spoiler tags in your reply, put the curse in the middle of the tags, ctrl V and it will be done.

That way, we can advance the process of troubleshooting. Otherwise, the same freaky scars are going to exist until you stumble upon the answer, which could take either a lot of sheer dumb luck or many frustrating hours of trial and error.

Your Choice.