Neck gap problem (CBBE + ECE)

Impytus

After downloading lots of mods, and attempting to make some custom armor mods myself, i noticed a problem with a thin gap in the middle of the neck. Because I noticed it late I'm not entirely sure when it happened or why but I am messaging here hoping for some suggestions to help narrow it down.

Heres the problem:

I have been using CBBE with bodyslide using a custom created preset. I have also been using Enhanced character edit.

The reason i mention this is Ive noticed that removing ECE slightly fixes the problem. without it a naked model has no gap.. but some armors still create a slight gap (though not as large as gap displayed in the image).

it really seems to be the ECE causing the large part of the problem... but why? I like using ECE and want to keep doing so, it isnt listed as an incompatible mod and nobody has seemed to state a problem.....so what could it be that is causing this to happen and is there any way i can rectify it?

Thanks

Yep it's ece, it wasn't made for western bodies it seems, same thing happens with unp based bodies.

As for certain armors causing it: obviously they aren't made compatible for cbbe, which means your body gets reshaped (probably to vanilla) and a seam appears since you are using textures for cbbe.

strange that there isnt any mention of this online anywhere.

Can you recommend an alternative to ece that DOES work with CBBE?

(the armors that aren't working are mostly ones Ive either made or converted myself using bodyslide... probably caused by something Ive done I suppose.)

I have noticed that actually the only character that has the gap is the one i was testing things on.... switching to a different preset in the racemenu gets rid of the problem even with ECE installed. as far as i can see preset 3 and 7 also have the gap. I cant help but wonder what is special about these presets and if getting to the bottom of that will help fix the problem permanently.

ECE uses edited presets which may not always fit correctly with a body mod's changes. You might try experimenting with different body texture mods to see if one help minimize the appearance of the seams.

As far as the face remaining the same after disabling ECE, as long as nothing else changes the presets all faces are based on, the geometry of your character's face is part of your save. ECE and RaceMenu do not continue to run after character creation, so disabling one or the other isn't going to make any difference.

I run both mods, but RaceMenu isn't compatible with ECE's presets, which I really like. There is a patch which is supposed to get the two to play nicely together, but it didn't seem to work for me. I've seriously considered starting a new character with just ECE enabled, then going back in later with RaceMenu enabled to finish tweaking my character. Each mod does things the other one doesn't, and I'm a real fan of choices...lots and lots of choices.

I just wish the authors of these files could maybe have a sit down and all get on the same page. I had that neck problem and for two days I was mixing/matching mods until I realized it was ECE causing the issue, but as others have said both mods have different but equally attractive features, for the sake of speed and sanity I've simply decided to not use anything ECE or UNP related.

• 4 years later...

Changing the nose type fixed this for me.

I read everysingle post related to this issue, all over the net, yet no matter what people sugguested, nothing helped. It turns out its simply the nose type 22 that offsets the head slightly. It affects all the races exsept the Argonian and Khajiit.

This is however only a solution to the mesh gap bug, where the body mesh and head meshes do not line up. There is another completely different issue where the textures don’t match, I noticed that solutions for these issues can overlap, making things even more confussing.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...