Skyrim Won't Load because of Mods

Sagarath

I have 67 mods installed with various compatibility patches. Whenever I open Skyrim, it loads up to the point that where the Imperial Dragon symbol appears but there is no fog, no music and no menu and I'm completely unable to do anything. I've tried sorting out my load order with BOSS and it still didn't work. After BOSS failed to work I tried LOOT and that didn't work either. To my knowledge none of the mods I have conflict. The problem started after I installed JK's 3 city overhauls, Expanded Towns and Cities, RS Children Overhaul and Interesting NPCs. Here's my mod list:

If any of you guys have encountered similar problems before or would know of any way I could fix this I'd really appreciate any help.

first try uninstalling

JK's 3 city overhauls, Expanded Towns and Cities, RS Children Overhaul and Interesting NPCs and see if the game loads without them installed

if the game loads then quit and install one of the mods then start the game again

if it still loads fine quit and install another one of the mods keep doing this until the problem your having occurs

tedious but doing it this way it will be easier to find the mod that's causing the problem

1. Download an install Wrye Bash and TES5Edit.

2. Launch Skyrim with the Steam launcher. That'll update your registry so Loot and any other utilities know where to look for your game.

3. Run Loot to sort your load order, and deal with any issues it brings up, such as dirty/obsolete/conflicting mods.

4. Open Wrye Bash and create a Bashed Patch to merge levelled lists. You can also see if there are any red/orange highlighted mods, which means there's a missing or outdated master.

5. Delete the Reproccer.esp and run the SkyProc Patcher to generate a new one.

6. Run TES5Edit with your full load order and see if it pulls up any errors.

7. Test.

8. If it still doesn't work, please post your Loot log, including any and all errors it gives. (Copy/paste the created log if it doesn't let you generate a html/.txt file as BOSS did (I've never used Loot, so wouldn't know), and be sure to put it into [ spoiler ] tags, don't post screenshots of your load order which are generally not helpful.)

6. Run TES5Edit with your full load order and see if it pulls up any errors.

Will TES5Edit show errors at start up or do I have to run some special check for errors on specific mods?

When you open TES5Edit, your load order with all active mods checked will be selected. Just click 'OK' and let it work. If there's an error (such as a missing master) then it'll stop and the right-hand pane will show the errors. Generally I don't bother with this step (Bash/BOSS generally has it covered, and I read mod descriptions/readmes) but it doesn't hurt to check.

Edit: Ninja'd.