Modding Skyrim with Wine (PlayOnLinux) in Linux Ubuntu

thekrimzonghost

Btw, I just now noticed your questions about SKSE and FNIS.

SKSE is a script extender for Skyrim. From my (limited) understanding, it provides more "event" info to 3rd party mods than Skyrim itself does. Many good mods require it.

FNIS, on the other hand, is less clear to me. It seems to allow for the addition of 3rd party animations into the game. Though why it is needed, I am not sure.

Anyway, for reasons that are totally beyond me, reinstalling Skyrim turned out to be good: it now seems my graphics card for what it is; it didn't before. Otoh, it didn't install .NET 2.0, which is needed to install DirectX. Ah the mysteries of linux + wine. ;-)

[Added:] Found this explainer on SKSE:

Edited by Guest

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually recommended the scrrun.dll file earlier in that same thread lol never got it to work though...

The only thing I can think of, is if you took it from a 64-bit windows. That doesn't work. I tried that first and it just made FNIS crash. But taken from a 32-bit Windows, it worked fine.

If that isn't it, I have no clue, I'm afraid.

Hahah ... ok, so you got it then. Does it work for you now?

I have the game running rather well. A few minor quirks that are annoying but don't prevent game play. Like I find my player is off center. But maybe that's how it is meant to be? No idea. also, sound can get messed up... and that seems random as to when it is or isn't.

Other than that, I'm exploring. :-)

• 2 weeks later...