Brother needs some help (CTD error please read.)

Kurzusseus

Does your brother use SKSE? I was triggered by 'missing road textures'. Missing textures can be a result of shortage of memory so it is wise to use the latest SKSE with an appropriate ini file for better memory management (.ini file here). Also, as mentioned by Valkasha it is advised to use ENBBoost, especially when many texture mods are used.

Does your brother use SKSE? I was triggered by 'missing road textures'. Missing textures can be a result of shortage of memory so it is wise to use the latest SKSE with an appropriate ini file for better memory management (.ini file here). Also, as mentioned by Valkasha it is advised to use ENBBoost, especially when many texture mods are used.

I've heard a lot about ENBBoost but never used it, I don't like ENB texture packs, I prefer the more natural 2046x texture packs.

My brother doesn't have the exact texture packs I do, his computer is weaker. He does use the latest SKSE but not ENBBoost, color me

a noob for saying this- but I didn't use ENBBoost because I thought you HAD to have an ENB texture mod to use it.

Also I don't want it, nor does he, want it to change his or my games current textures. ENBBoost wont do this?

Edited by Kurzusseus

Enb's are not texturepacks but more a graphical enhancement suite with modern lighting fx, bloom etc. It also has some memory management features . You can disable all graphical features and only use the memory features. That's what ENBboost does. So you can safely use it, your game won't look any different apart from hopefully no more missing textures. If the missing textures are still there, there is another problem

Ok so Valkasha, you think that why my brothers game is crashing is because of fps? And ENBBoost will maybe help fix this?

we do have kinda low ranking computers and are going to be upgrading this December or so, I can say that fps is a problem

for me and my brother, but his game ran smoother then mine until recently, that's why I figured his crashing was solely on a mod

that was not compatible with one listed above.

As for bojanni, I think I'll try and get ENBBoost for us both, if it can help improve fps, memory problems, WITHOUT having to add or change

textures, lighting, etc I'm good, and so is my brother. I don't like the ENB series lighting or anything they add, too me, it ruins the feel of Skyrim's weather, IMO.

So I use things like Amidianborn landscape textures, and Realistic Lighting, it kinda changed Skyrim for me, but in a way I was still comfortable

playing it with them.

I'm trying ENBBoost and so far I can see some improvements in my gameplay, I'll be getting it for my brother soon but I'd like to get some information on how to properly set my ENB.ini file.

I looked up a tutorial video where someone explained it but I'm worried that I may have done something wrong, I tested in game, the whole area loads faster (barely encounter missing textures)

but it appears that my game crashes if I run while scaled at 6. I'm pretty sure this is normal however XD

I'd like to post my ini settings and if someone could look them over and tell me the dangers

of my edits and how to best avoid stuttering in game;

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll
[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=true
ForceFakeVideocard=false
[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0
[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=128
VideoMemorySizeMb=1920
[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
EnableVSync=true
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=true
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0
[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0
[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false
[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreLoadingScreen=false
IgnoreInventory=true
FixSsaoWaterTransparency=true
FixSsaoHairTransparency=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=true
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true

Thank you all so far for your continued help. You may not have entirely solved my brothers CTD error

but you solved both our rendering issues it would appear, and some fps rate. I'd like to use ENBBoost

and so would my brother, but I also want to make sure my save isn't in danger, like- can I remove ENBboost

and it not destroy my save?

Edited by Kurzusseus