Help with quest scripting...

SilverShadow6487

Hey everyone! I'm brand new here, so I hope this is in the right place. I've just started on my first 'proper' mod after doing the tutorial mod over at the Fallout website, and I've managed to do a new shop/NPCs and vendor with no problem. But I want to put a simple quest in with the mod, and I'm having difficulty working out what to do for one particular stage. I've set up the first stage using a trigger, and scripting it worked okay, but I'm having difficulty with the next section.

For the third section (and a few others in the same quest for different NPCs), I want part of the quest to be triggered after the player has spoken to an NPC inside the shop. I've got Quest Objectives and Stages set up, so I'm doing the scripting part now. But I can't work out what script is needed to actually trigger the next section of the quest after speaking to the NPC. (The objective is already linked to the NPC Reference.)

Does anyone know where there might be a good scripting tutorial that would explain this? I've tried having a search, but I can't find anything that actually applies to what I'm looking for. Thank you for any help! I'm brand new to the GECK, but I'm coming along okay with it so far. It's just the scripting that's got me a bit stumped. :tongue: