How to fix my CWO broken game

scegielski

Hey all,

I have a character that I have sunk a considerable amount of time into and I am on the fence about ditching him and starting over because of how the Civil War Overhaul has affected the game. Most of the quests for that mod basically didn't work so I attempted to use the various console commands on the mod's page to fix the issues. I finally gave up and tried to just win the civil war by using the mod's MCM menu. This kind of worked since when I talked to Ulfric the next time he indicated that our side had won and made me thane of Windhelm, etc. However, I am still attacked by imperials when I am on the road. I tried removing myself from their hostility faction and that didn't work. I think something else happened as well since now I get attacked by Stormcloaks when I go to Falkreath. So long story short, does anyone have any suggestions to fix this before I completely give up? Unfotunately, the mod's author has closed the comments on the mod's page and doesn't seem interested in helping.

Thanks for any help!

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. I should have known better by reading the comments on the page, but my curiosity got the better of me. How it has 10000+ endorsements is a mystery to me. I have a hard time believing all of those people actually ran the mod. The mod author's attitude also sucks. I agree Nexus should hide it to save people in the future some grief. Oh well, I guess it's back to Bleak Falls Barrow for the 100th time, lol.