Skyrim Nexus download speed

Axelmorph

So for a brief introduction, I am a free user of Skyrim Nexus for quite some time now, and lately I've been experiencing incredibly download speeds, I am sure it is not my internet connection since I've tested it in every way possible, even by downloading files from other websites as well.

What I am expecting from this post, is an answer to the cause of such low download speeds. It saddens me knowing that I have to wait 10 minutes to download a 60MB file, when typically it takes me around 10-20 seconds. My average download speed (On Skyrim Nexus) is of 60-70kb/s now, when before I'd download with around 2-3MB/s.

I do not use NMM to download files, I always downloaded them manually, but I decided to give NMM a try , yet the download speed was still the same 60-70kb/s. :confused:

I would like to know whether or not this issue that I'm having is happening to others or only to me. Another thing which reminds me is that some time before, when using the manual download option to download files, you had the option to choose from which server you'd like to download the file from, now all that appears is the option to "endorse" a couple of the previously downloaded mods.

Thank you very much for the time spent reading this article. I have a picture here showing my problem.

Edited by Axelmorph

Skyrim is on steam sale right now, lots of new members will be putting a heavy load on the free servers. Try selecting a different server, preferably closest to your region.

Yes, but my problem is that I do not use NMM, and even when I used it, the download speed was still the same, I also changed servers, I had to choose from the default one, the American one and European one, tried all of them, no difference. As I said , I download files manually, the download speed is horrendous, also, I cannot choose which server to download from anymore on the website (manual download), only thing that appears is an option to endorse previous mods I downloaded, from what I recall before I could choose from which server I'd like to download, also, I'm not a premium user. Here's an example:

Yes, but my problem is that I do not use NMM, and even when I used it, the download speed was still the same, I also changed servers, I had to choose from the default one, the American one and European one, tried all of them, no difference. As I said , I download files manually, the download speed is horrendous, also, I cannot choose which server to download from anymore on the website (manual download), only thing that appears is an option to endorse previous mods I downloaded, from what I recall before I could choose from which server I'd like to download, also, I'm not a premium user. Here's an example:

It doesn't matter if you use NMM or download manually, they all use the same servers. If they're overloaded, they're overloaded.