Exporting Staff Mesh

FluttershyAngel

Hi,

I'm new to modelling and I'm using Blender version 2.49b. I have made my first mesh for Skyrim, which is a Staff. Problem is, I have no idea how to export it. I've said it is a weapon, but I can't find a weapon body part suitable for it as the staff disappears when sheathed (this happens for every staff, I've observed). Also, the exporting options are so full of jargon that I have no idea which options I need enabled.

So in short: When exporting a mesh for a staff for Skyrim, what do I need selected to export it properly (using Blender 2.49b)?

Thanks for any help :D

PS:

ALSO, when making something like a sword, does the size of the mesh matter? I don't really want to keep editing existing sword .nifs so I can use a size reference ^-^'

I think I might have figured it out. As the staff doesn't exist when stowed away it can't really have a body part location, so I've set it as none (that and I was too much of a dummy to realize there was a "None" option, though I suppose I was wondering if it was a Ring as it sits in the hand when used).

As with my other question, I think I'll play it safe and set up a base template of a weapon that already exists that I can use as a reference. I was just a bit concerned as for some reason Blender didn't want to open my edited .nif bases so I wanted to be able to figure out the scale without being dependent on a reference.