Fresh Install GTX780 15FPS

Alskasier

No, i would just go straight to RMA, reinstalling an os is an utter ballache, particularly for someone who themselves i believe said doesn't know much about computers and it may not even be possible due to lack of disk / lack of code. I would get in contact with your supplier, say that none of your games are running properly and that your card is struggling even on lowest graphics and they should ask you to post it back to them, usually including an RMA number. If the card is broken, they will replace it for you, if they say it isn't, then we can begin to look further into the rest of your computer for an issue. I wouldn't bother with a local techie either, they lack the tools and the diagnostic software of the people who actually make the cards. All they can do is plug the card in and tell you something that you already know. It's dead. I would recommend just sending it in. My first 780 TI died after a month while playing Diablo 3, i went around forums for a bit and came to the same conclusion and sent it in and got a brand new one no questions asked.

Also, if a local shop opens your PC case, it is very likely that your warranty will be gone.

This is categorical FUD... The MFG warranty is for a given duration. and only upon signs of abuse or neglect is it ever voided.

Nope. If he purchased a full system(sounds like it to me since he isn't a pc expert), there usually seals on the case that, when broken, voids any warranty. If that's the type of warranty we're talking about here the only company he should be returning his pc for repair to is the original store.

Edited by Valkasha

Also, if a local shop opens your PC case, it is very likely that your warranty will be gone.

This is categorical FUD... The MFG warranty is for a given duration. and only upon signs of abuse or neglect is it ever voided.

Nope. If he purchased a full system(sounds like it to me since he isn't a pc expert), there usually seals on the case that, when broken, voids any warranty. If that's the type of warranty we're talking about here the only company he should be returning his pc for repair to is the original store.

It is a two generation old 2500k and had a GTX 570; obviously an older rig that he bought the card from NewEgg GTX 780 and added in April 2014.

Guess again. Read the thread..

prior to engaging keyboard.

Edited by Reynard131

• 2 weeks later...