Need help! I would like to improve my mod, ideas and feedback please!

zobmondo

Hello, I'm quite new to modding, I have only made one mod and I posted up on the nexus a while ago. Sadly it hasn't really picked up as much as i'd hoped. Recently I've been getting the urge to try and boost the mods reputation. So I have decided to turn to the amazing community to help :D I would like your ideas and feedback on how I can improve my mod.

If you would like to check my mod out here is the link: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53323/?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any and all constructive feedback.

~Zobmondo

Ala this.

But also remember that every mod won't become popular, and it's not necessarily that people didn't like your mod, but just weren't interested for one reason or another, or didn't see it.

One thing to mention: Try to think. What separates your mod from others? It has no dialogue or voice acting. Just 8 defaultish followers like the vanilla ones in-game. So why would anyone download your mod? Not meaning this in a bashing or hostile manner, but it's just something to think about in general:

What separates your mod from others?

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Ala this.

But also remember that every mod won't become popular, and it's not necessarily that people didn't like your mod, but just weren't interested for one reason or another, or didn't see it.

One thing to mention: Try to think. What separates your mod from others? It has no dialogue or voice acting. Just 8 defaultish followers like the vanilla ones in-game. So why would anyone download your mod? Not meaning this in a bashing or hostile manner, but it's just something to think about in general:

What separates your mod from others?

You make a good point, I'm not good at voice acting, and i cant do the voice and dialogue parts of the npc's (i've tried)

Well I guess that's the next thing... time to find 8 voices :P and learn how to add voices and dialogue.

Thanks a lot :)

~Zobmondo

Why does it matter if others like it? The only thing that should matter is whether YOU like it.

Very true.

I get where he's coming from though. When I first started modding, I thought it was about the endorsements and people "liking" your mod.

It's really not. It's about you enjoying what you've made - maybe enjoying people complimenting you, yeah. But it's not about the fame, or the endorsements, or the downloads. It's about the experience of creating the mod.

And maybe those one or two or a hundred users who say "Great job". Because they enjoyed what you worked so hard to make.

Edited by Matthiaswagg