Can't load up Skyrim - Entry Point Not Found

Nuudules

Problem: Can't boot up Skyrim anymore using SKSE. I was playing perfectly fine a couple of days ago, and I never changed any settings. The error I get is this:

The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll

Specs:

i7-4770 (clocked at 3.9 ghz I believe)

GTX 670 (2Gb memory)

8Gb Ram

1.54/1.81 TB Free on my HDD

Game location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe"

Version should be the latest version on steam.

I have ALL DLCs (Dawnguard, HearthFire, HD Pack, Dragonborn)

I am using NMM,version .52.1

SKSE Version 1.7.1

I also use LOOT, Wrye bash, TES5Edit

Not sure how to make a spoiler tag on the nexus, so I just saved it on a txt. If someone can tell me how to do it, I will edit this post (if I can).

I tried downloading the ENB version of d3d9.dll and replacing the old one, didn't help. I also tried rebooting, and restarting steam.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just came to write this, exactly same thing happened to me few minutes ago, i take it that we both installed latest video drivers. nice.

how do i roll back to previous.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=393044&page=6

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2119704-cant-load-up-skyrim-entry-point-not-found/

rolling back did not work. still having same error. i will try fresh and clean install of previous version of driver to see if problem persists.

new drivers broke SweetFx, aka ENB.

update: also neither rolling back nor installing previous version of driver (with clean install) is working.

i guess Boris will have to release new version. which will probably take some time.

in the meantime, if nothing is broken (???) i guess i can cope with few error prompts.

Edited by BoromiRofGeo

Same here. I'm really feeling murderous towards the scumbags at NVIDIA. I want to say really bad things about them on a very personal level but I'll close my mouth since I don't want to get banned. Tried to roll back to a previous driver. That didn't help. Unsurprisingly. If someone finds a fix that'll be a godsend. But I doubt that since this was a 100% intentional sabotage on the part of NVIDIA.

Same issue. Confirming that removing the enb solved the problem and rolling back did not help. Surely if it was Nvidia's fault with the new driver rolling back would work right?

EDIT: Spamming ok when the error message pops up allows the game to launch normally for some reason. What is even going on?

Edited by Shaherin

Hey guys, this is happening to me as well.

I'm kind of relieved to see that I'm not the only one, thought it was something I had done horribly wrong. You guys seem to be getting this error after installing Nvidia's new update? Well same here. This is evidence that it's perhaps something to do with them? I tried rolling back also, but to no avail.

In the case of the fix, do you have to uninstall the enb, and leave it that way? Or can you reinstall it again and have everything in working order?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Hey guys, this is happening to me as well.

I'm kind of relieved to see that I'm not the only one, thought it was something I had done horribly wrong. You guys seem to be getting this error after installing Nvidia's new update? Well same here. This is evidence that it's perhaps something to do with them? I tried rolling back also, but to no avail.

In the case of the fix, do you have to uninstall the enb, and leave it that way? Or can you reinstall it again and have everything in working order?

Uninstalling the enb solves the problem and the game launches with no issues. Reinstalling it will bring the problem back since the issue is in the d3d9.dll file. So either uninstall the enb until a fix is discovered or, like I said, just spam okay to get the game to launch as a temporary work-around. The enb works normally as far as I can tell.

Edited by Shaherin

n the case of the fix, do you have to uninstall the enb, and leave it that way? Or can you reinstall it again and have everything in working order?

enb libraries for some reason dont work with new nvidia driver. need boris to release new version.