Deactivate a Mod Causing Issues= More Isses

Combine99

I was getting more crashes than normal so I deactivated futoshis' "creepy zombies" mod to check if it was the culprit, but now I cant even start skyrim. The game crashed right before the Bethesda logo, so I tried verifying the game cash and restarting steam and now it crashes right after the Bethesda logo. If I reactivate the mod skyrim works fine, albeit crashes fairly often. I do want to know how to solve it, but what I really want to know is why this happens and how to stop it from happening in the future, because it keeps happening and I always have to uninstall skyrim to solve it.

Hmmm. I'm not sure why it would cause skyrim to crash before the logo unless you have some mod that has creepy zombies as a master. So, check that first if you haven't already.

Do you use Mod Organizer? If you do, then ignore the following speculations.

It sounds to me like what happened is that you installed creepy zombies, and creepy zombies overwrote some vanilla files (files, not the data stored in an .esp) and then added another mod that overwrote *those* files. Then you uninstalled creepy zombies and the game restored the vanilla files. At which point the second mod couldn't use the files it needed. And everything went to hell.

If that's what happened you could be in trouble. If you can find out what that second mod is, just reinstall it and everything should be fine... assuming that other mods haven't overwritten it...

If you can't fix it, you need to switch to mod organizer when you next install Skyrim. It handles files differently than NMM and won't have this problem.