PLEASE HELP ME! MY CK CRASHES CONSTANTLY AND I LOSE ALL CELL DATA.

Novafoxay

I understand that CK crashes a lot in general and I'm okay with that. I'm extremely knew to modding and CK is the first program I have ever used that does such a thing. I save every few seconds, I swear, but everytime the CK crashes I lose most of the cells I was working on. At the moment I'm trying to make a player house out of the Blue Palace and everytime it crashes I have to save it under a new name, not that it makes any difference at all and I lose all the cells( the walls, windows etc ) Most of the time I will randomly still have things like Noble shelves, tables and crafting stations still there in the cell window but it will be floating in a grey space.

Somebody please PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. I'm so desperate to have this issue fixed. I want so very badly to be able to make my own mods. I don't mind if CK crashes I just want to be able to save and continue my work. Saving doesn't help AT ALL. I need help so badly, I don't know what to do. I'm not a technical person. I've tried validating the files, nothing is missing, please help me! If you don't know any solutions please please pass this on to someone who might know, please!

EDIT* Just some more info if it helps you to help me; I don't have the option to run it in Admin mode...

EDIT2*

I'm so excited and happy to announce that I have figured out what has been happening! Long story short, I wasn't setting the plugin as 'active' when I loaded it up, nothing was dissappearing from existance, it was being saved to a new plugin. Everything is okay now, I feel really dumb but now I can work on my stuff. Thanks so much for the support and help you guys! I am extremely greatful and I want to leave this thread up incase anyone else has the same problem.

Edited by Novafoxay

Hi Novafoxay,

If you are has happy to see a reply to your forum post(s) as I am then I will try to help - please keep in mind I'm fairly new at this myself.

Do you have a line in "SkyrimEditor.ini" (located in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim - in most cases) that says "bEnableMultipleMasterLoads=1"? It won't have quotes and should be found beneath the heading that looks like this:

[General]

You can look quickly through this intimidating text by pressing Ctrl + F and then typing in the text you're looking for. If you don't have this line, then you should add it and then you will need to modify another line far below this one.

Find the line that starts with "SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa". If you have DLC material (Dawnguard, Hearthfires, and / or Dragonborn), then you will need to add the names of their respective .esp files at the end of this line and you MUST be sure to add them with proper spelling and in the correct order.

Your line should now look like this:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa" (with no quotes, of course).

There - done. Next, I would definitely address the issue of you not having Administrator rights to opening up your Creation Kit, as this could be a problem as well - I suspect it is. Try doing this (assuming you have a desktop shortcut to your Creation Kit (or CK as most refer to it as):

Right click the desktop shortcut and select "Properties" at the bottom of the list that you will immediately see.

About two thirds down on the right hand side of this window you will see "Advanced". Select this.

You may see a box labeled "Run as Administrator". Check this box.

That's all I can do, I am not very familiar with ownership issues regarding administration.

I hope this helps!

StackEmHigh

I don't have the option to run it in Admin mode...

Does this mean you are not an administrator & aren't able to give programs elevated privileges?

If you right click on CreationKit.exe Properties\Security\Users(your log on name\Users)

You should have 5 ticks.

If the CK doesn't have permission to write & modify when you are using it, you won't be able to make mods.

Thank you so much for trying to help me it means a lot that people are just reading this.

I have discovered more to the issue.

things aren't exactly dissappearing... what happens is, I finish the framework of my house and save it. Then it will crash randomly, ( seems to crash whenever I do ANYTHING like looking through items, placing items, editing items etc)

It saves properly and then I continue to work on it but it won't let me save it as the same file so I give it a new name and ultimately make a new file... but now I'm using the other plugin that contains the framework of my house as well as the masterfiles that are Skyrim.esm and Hearthfire.

Now when I add things it makes a duplicate of the cell and I end up having floating objects in a new cell and I've tried cutting them and pasting them into place but I can't get the esms to be ONE. I barely understand what I'm saying.

I also figured out how to run it as an admin but I still have the same issues and it still crashes randomly.

Edited by Novafoxay

Thank you so much for trying to help me! It means a lot, I have those files set up nicely thanks to a rar file I found on nexus. It contains the correct preferences and then I swap them in. I have found out more on the issue if you wanted to have another read under EDIT* on the topic.

Hi Novafoxay,

I hope this message finds you well - or sane (I feel that learning how to mod is a test of sanity itself).

I am no expert on this topic, but I don't think you should have to make a new file to do what you're doing. Sometimes it takes a LOT of reading to learn where you're going wrong, a lot of patience waiting for people to answer you, and then to sift through all of the different answers and to try to find the one that is correct - sometimes you will get multiple "correct" answers, but some are at times better than others. Patience is a virtue, and persistence is no less important.

It might sound crazy, but keep going through the same tutorial(s) that you have already done until you really - and I mean REALLY - know the content (I'm doing this right now). Then you can move on with a solid foundation.

Good luck with your trial(s)!

StackEmHigh

Ever think to use tes5edit to merge? If the cell ID is exactly the same you should be able to do it with just that. If not you can copy over all the cells into one then in the CK copy and paste items from each into the one you want and delete the others later with tes5edit.

*Edit,

If you cant figure out tes5edit PM me for email info to send your esp's and I can merge them for you. I would prefer you learn Tes5edit first but I have no issues doing it for you.

Edited by jet4571