How to change races weapon swing speed?

SnippyChris

Greetings Nexus! I am working on a Roleplaying mod, and have hit a hurdle. So I want to ask you if someone could point me in the right direction of how to change individual race weapon swing speeds. Would that be Scripting, Animating, or just finding the right place to change a number? Please help a fellow modder out and I will add your name to the contributers of the mod.

Thanks Nexus!

Weapon attack speed is controlled in the Weapon's individual form.

To make it race-specific, you would either need a script that calls a function that mods the weapon's speed based on the race of the wielder, or you would have to make race-specific duplicates of each weapon.

And I'm not so sure there's a function that a script could call, but hey, you never know.

Weapon attack speed is controlled in the Weapon's individual form.

To make it race-specific, you would either need a script that calls a function that mods the weapon's speed based on the race of the wielder, or you would have to make race-specific duplicates of each weapon.

And I'm not so sure there's a function that a script could call, but hey, you never know.

Thank you for the information Dr!

Or you could just add a perk that increases weapon speed? There's already a shout that does it so I reckon you could convert that effect into a perk.

This seems more of a viable approach, and still may require scripting to give the races said perk and to make it invisible. any ideas there?