Moving shadow line around my character?

lampje111

Hi. I played skyrim for a hefty long time, first on PS3, then i bought my PC and got skyrim for pc as well.

It's amazing, i've downloaded a couple of mods that makes everything in skyrim look great, but now i have a small problem that i haven't had before (or not until i noticed it)

I notice that whenever i walk somewhere, i see somekind of shadow moving with me, i can clearly see the shadow line wich is not far away from me, it's clearly noticeable and very immersion breaking.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? i have already looked up a couple of fixes but nothing seemed to help, even increased the shadow render distance to above 8000, but nothing happens.

Cheers!

Ik geloof dat het ook belangrijk is om de iShadowMapResolutionSecondary en de iShadowMapResolutionPrimary een gelijke waarde te geven. Te vinden in de Skyrimprefs.ini onder [Display]. Als ze er niet staan kun je ze toevoegen.

iShadowMapResolutionSecondary = 2048 of 1024

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary = 2048 of 1024

I believe it's also important to give iShadowMapResolutionSecondary and iShadowMapResolutionPrimary an equal value. You can find them in the [Display] section in the Skyrimprefs.ini. If these values are not present you can add them manually.

Edited by bojanni

Ik geloof dat het ook belangrijk is om de iShadowMapResolutionSecondary en de iShadowMapResolutionPrimary een gelijke waarde te geven. Te vinden in de Skyrimprefs.ini onder [Display]. Als ze er niet staan kun je ze toevoegen.

iShadowMapResolutionSecondary = 2048 of 1024

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary = 2048 of 1024

I believe it's also important to give iShadowMapResolutionSecondary and iShadowMapResolutionPrimary an equal value. You can find them in the [Display] section in the Skyrimprefs.ini. If these values are not present you can add them manually.

I have the shadow ini settings set like that.

I'll try bl1xxar's solution! thanks for answering!

• 7 years later...