No fate.

Stronglav

This one is kinda difficult to explain.

Lets say you went into the past and got the chance to kill Hitler when he was young.

Will you do it?

I mean he hasn't done anything yet.

Or may be some horrible serial killer.You see him as a child playing with other children.

You know what he will become but at the moment he is just a kid.

What will you do?

What I want to say is if you get a chance to prevent something horrible from happening

but it will cost one life.Just one to save millions...

Edited by Stronglav

Ah, but what are the consequences of Hitler not coming to power? Would the world be a better place? Or, would someone even worse show up? Or, would history be more resilient than we give it credit for, and someone else would take his place?

So, let's say I went back, and killed Hitler. Came back to my 'present' time, and discovered that due to millions of jews NOT being killed, a plague came along, and wiped out 80% of the population of earth..... or, some other guy took Hitlers place, and was even worse.... and he managed to develop the A-bomb before the USA.... and happily used it to annihilate his enemies, leaving large parts of the world radioactive wastelands..... could I then simply go back in time, to when I came to kill Hitler, and tell myself "Don't do that, the alternative is even worse."???

Came back to my 'present' time, and discovered that due to millions of jews NOT being killed, a plague came along,

Oh let me guess jews brought the plague.Right?Those that weren't killed.

But this is not about Hitler or jews.I am jewish LOL by the way.

The question was getting the opportunity to fix something in the past to save a lot of people

but at the expence of one.

Edited by Stronglav

How about a crashing train?Or falling building?

I'm not even talking about 9/11.No one's gonna believe you without proof.

But how about shooting a sucidle bomber so he won't blow up and kill a lot of innocent people.

Edited by Stronglav

@ Stronglav ...

If there was no Hitler there would be no Israel today ... the genocide of the Jews put them under the spotlight and demanded

that a Homeland be created for them ... just that one fact would stop me from killing the SOB.

Nevertheless, I would still not commit murder against an innocent, because that is what they would be at the time.

I would however warn people of impending doom ... Pompeii as an example.

Let's take your idea a bit further, we had a question here once that said something along the lines like ...

What if you were in a room with about twenty or so adults and one had a baby who was about to cough or cry ... this coughing

crying baby would alert the attackers who were armed of the whereabouts of the group.

Now would you smother the infant to save the people or let the infant go ahead and alert the attackers ?

So ?

You know I am russian and jewish.So the baby situation was a real story for me.

Answer is:mother of the baby tried gently to keep it quiet and accidently struglled it.

the nazis did not find the group of people.But the baby was dead and the mother gone crazy.

If there was no Hitler there would be no Israel today

Wrong.Josef Stalin created Israeli state and helped to build it.

Edited by Stronglav

Answer is:mother of the baby tried gently to keep it quiet and accidently struglled it.

the nazis did not find the group of people.But the baby was dead and the mother gone crazy.

Stalin was as crazy as Hitler as far as wiping people out. He just did it to his own people, so no one outside there really cared. Stain did nothing without a reason and the backing of the Israel state was not to benefit anyone except him. It got England out of the Mideast and prevented America from taking it's place. Stalin didn't give a crap about anything else.

I doubt very seriously wither any other people other than the Israelites cared anything about them having a state. They just went through a war and wanted to clean up the pieces. No European country had the power to control even their own country, let alone continue colonization of the Middle East. England had been promising to back a Jewish state since before WWI and had reneged every time. They were as exhausted as the rest of the European powers and needed an out.

This idea that any country was completely behind Israel is crazy. They wanted a quick fix for an issue and did much the same as they did after WWI by simply doing something, no matter what the indigenous population wanted and then they retired to lick their wounds.

Stalin was as crazy as Hitler as far as wiping people out. He just did it to his own people, so no one outside there really cared. Stain did nothing without a reason and the backing of the Israel state was not to benefit anyone except him. It got England out of the Mideast and prevented America from taking it's place. Stalin didn't give a crap about anything else.

I doubt very seriously wither any other people other than the Israelites cared anything about them having a state. They just went through a war and wanted to clean up the pieces. No European country had the power to control even their own country, let alone continue colonization of the Middle East. England had been promising to back a Jewish state since before WWI and had reneged every time. They were as exhausted as the rest of the European powers and needed an out.

This idea that any country was completely behind Israel is crazy. They wanted a quick fix for an issue and did much the same as they did after WWI by simply doing something, no matter what the indigenous population wanted and then they retired to lick their wounds.

Obviously you know very little about Josef Stalin.Next to nothing.