Anyone Can Marry Alistair Mod

Salona

Okay so I am having trouble with the 'anyone can marry alistar' mod (found here: http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=781). :sweat:

My Character:

Race: Human.

Class: Mage.

Origini: Magi.

I didn't have a core override folder so I made on, and when I re-done the landsmeet on my mage I had the OPTION to say that I wanted to be queen with alistair whereas before I used to MOD I didn't BUT he said to me that I wouldn't be able to rule with him because I was no of noble blood?

I thought that the MOD made it so that the origin/class didin't matter? :ermm:

Do I need to make a new character?

Or what...? Because I got 'exited' when I got the option and then for him to just ban me off I was a bit peeved. :dry:

I want to start playing Awakening but I am adamnt not to do so untill my character is queen - even if it means that I have to start ALL OVER again :wub:

when you made the override folder where did you put it, you might have double of the file so it might not be taking it

i know you said that you didnt have the option before, but if your female you could always have the option, i played as an elf, mage and noble all of thsoe have the options even when i was mage i had the option.

when you made the override folder where did you put it, you might have double of the file so it might not be taking it

i know you said that you didnt have the option before, but if your female you could always have the option, i played as an elf, mage and noble all of thsoe have the options even when i was mage i had the option.

I put it in here:

c:\\program files\\bioware\\dragon age\\packages\\core

So the link to the actuall folder is this:

c:\\program files\\bioware\\dragon age\\packages\\core\\override

---------

Stange. When I first done the landsmeet I never got the option.... :wacko:

Do you think I will need to make a new character?

I put it in here:

---------

Ah, ok. Your problem is that you're putting it into the wrong area of your hard drive. it doesnt go into the program files folders. it goes into your documents folders. now... the way to get there varies by version of windows. but if you click on teh start/windows button, or key, on your keyboard, then chose computer/mycomputer, you should have a link to the documents folder there on the upper left section of the window,

click that, then go to bioware/dragon age/packages/core

in there should be your override folder. thats where you'll need to put it in order for the mod to work.

Or you could just use damodder and let it do the install for you :wink:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=286

since the mod comes in a zip file, all you would need to do is drag and drop the .zip file into damodder, once you've got modder installed and running :wink:

Also, for future reference, just in case.... I dunno if you were extracting the files before placing them in a folder, but the game itself can't read any kind of compressed files like .zip, .dazip. .rar, .7z etc. So they have to be extracted first. Which is what daupdater, damodder and damodmanager do with them, when you DnD them into those programs.

Edit- tho daupdater will only read .dazip files. And modder and modmanager will only read .dazip and .zip files. if you get a file that is .rar or .7z you'll need to get a program like peazip that can read and extract those. then right click on the extracted folder and choose something to the effect of create seperate .zip file (tho that command varies by program, but the gyst of it is usually very similar).

Hope this helps! Happy gaming!

I put it in here:

---------

Ah, ok. Your problem is that you're putting it into the wrong area of your hard drive. it doesnt go into the program files folders. it goes into your documents folders. now... the way to get there varies by version of windows. but if you click on teh start/windows button, or key, on your keyboard, then chose computer/mycomputer, you should have a link to the documents folder there on the upper left section of the window,

click that, then go to bioware/dragon age/packages/core

in there should be your override folder. thats where you'll need to put it in order for the mod to work.

Or you could just use damodder and let it do the install for you :wink:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=286

since the mod comes in a zip file, all you would need to do is drag and drop the .zip file into damodder, once you've got modder installed and running :wink:

Also, for future reference, just in case.... I dunno if you were extracting the files before placing them in a folder, but the game itself can't read any kind of compressed files like .zip, .dazip. .rar, .7z etc. So they have to be extracted first. Which is what daupdater, damodder and damodmanager do with them, when you DnD them into those programs.

Edit- tho daupdater will only read .dazip files. And modder and modmanager will only read .dazip and .zip files. if you get a file that is .rar or .7z you'll need to get a program like peazip that can read and extract those. then right click on the extracted folder and choose something to the effect of create seperate .zip file (tho that command varies by program, but the gyst of it is usually very similar).

Hope this helps! Happy gaming!

Okay, so I found the actually override folder (C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override) and I put the mods in that folder but none of them seem to be working :sad:

The MOD came in a zip folder but I dont have any progame (like WinRAR or the one you suggested) on this computer so I just dragged them out myself.... Is that the problem?

I am a bit thick when it comes to zip folders and stuff like that :ermm:

Hi Salona!

Ok, I'm not really understanding what you mean by "dragged them out myself".

If you are manually placing the files in the override folder yourself, yes... you'd need a program to unzip them. As the game isnt capable of reading any form of compressed files such as .zip .rar .dazip .7z or whatnot. If you do not wish to use a program to decompress the files, download and install damodder which I linked to in my prior post and simply drag and drop the .zip file into damodder, and it will install the mod for you :wink:

If you have any other questions or problems, feel free to ask :wink:

Thats a cute pic that you have in your sig, btw :thumbsup:

Hi Salona!

Ok, I'm not really understanding what you mean by "dragged them out myself".

If you are manually placing the files in the override folder yourself, yes... you'd need a program to unzip them. As the game isnt capable of reading any form of compressed files such as .zip .rar .dazip .7z or whatnot. If you do not wish to use a program to decompress the files, download and install damodder which I linked to in my prior post and simply drag and drop the .zip file into damodder, and it will install the mod for you :wink:

If you have any other questions or problems, feel free to ask :wink:

Thats a cute pic that you have in your sig, btw :thumbsup:

Yeah, it is cute :tongue: By dragged, I do mean manually put them in the folder myself.

I downlaoded Peazip that you suggested above and also downloaded the DA Mod installer that you linekd, but it didn't work (came up with and error - cant check again at the moment, on a different computer).

I asked my brother to look but he wont :dry:

the downloded file is a .zip file and whne I try to intall it with the daupdater.exe it doesnt show up, but the DA mod installer that you linked wouldnt work :down:

The actual files INSIDE the zip are as following:

den600_landsmeet.dlg

denpt_alistair.ncs

I am most likely being thick, but as I mentioned above I am not the best when it comes to changing files to different typers (I can just about handle chaing a .gif iamge into a .jpg :cool:

Hmmmm. I wonder why DAmodder wont do it? Maybe because it doesnt have a manifest.xml file? Hrm. Sorry, rambling at myself,

Well, if thats all that there is to the mod, just manually placing those two files into the override folder would work. Since there's nothing that's actually being added to the game, it wouldnt need to edit your addins.xml file.

So yeah, just go ahead and try that. Just add those two files to the override folder. If you want to, you can create a new folder in there, and just name it something like Marry Alstair, and it should be all good.

Hm. Kick the brother in the shins. Or hide the battery to his cel phone :biggrin: