Anyone Can Marry Alistair Mod

Salona

Hi Salona!

Ok, I'm not really understanding what you mean by "dragged them out myself".

If you are manually placing the files in the override folder yourself, yes... you'd need a program to unzip them. As the game isnt capable of reading any form of compressed files such as .zip .rar .dazip .7z or whatnot. If you do not wish to use a program to decompress the files, download and install damodder which I linked to in my prior post and simply drag and drop the .zip file into damodder, and it will install the mod for you :wink:

If you have any other questions or problems, feel free to ask :wink:

Thats a cute pic that you have in your sig, btw :thumbsup:

Yeah, it is cute :tongue: By dragged, I do mean manually put them in the folder myself.

I downlaoded Peazip that you suggested above and also downloaded the DA Mod installer that you linekd, but it didn't work (came up with and error - cant check again at the moment, on a different computer).

I asked my brother to look but he wont :dry:

the downloded file is a .zip file and whne I try to intall it with the daupdater.exe it doesnt show up, but the DA mod installer that you linked wouldnt work :down:

The actual files INSIDE the zip are as following:

den600_landsmeet.dlg

denpt_alistair.ncs

I am most likely being thick, but as I mentioned above I am not the best when it comes to changing files to different typers (I can just about handle chaing a .gif iamge into a .jpg :cool:

Well, they are already in the core override folder but it still isn't working :mad:

Do they need to be in their own folder (like you mentioned creating one with the name of 'Anyone can marry alistair') or can they just stay in the override folder.

It is really peeing me of now that it wont work lol :dry:

Okay, when I try to install the DA Modder it comes up with this error:

'Microsoft .NET v3.5 was no detected on your system, but is required for DAModder'.

So.... What is it and where can I download it? :sweat:

ms .net is a programming language used as the foundation for a lot of software. And needs to be on your computer, in order for software which was written using it, to work.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en

thats where you can DL it.

Also, no they dont 'Need" to be in a separate folder of their own, but it helps to keep it all organized, if you need to uninstall them.

;..;

I still cant get it to work!!!!! :verymad:

I put it in the override folder but it still isn't working and my brother wont let me download the Microsoft .NET v3.5 so I cant even install the DAModder :ermm:

Ok. Lets rehash here for just a sec, to make sure that we know where we are.

You've got the den600_landsmeet.dlg denpt_alistair.ncs files located in the override folder. They are no longer zipped up, correct?

If this is the case.. then they SHOULD be working. UNLESS...... You've got a file conflict.

Are you using any other mods that alter dialogs? Or affect Alistair (Other than just his appearance, like his face)? If so, there's a strong possibility that those two mods are conflicting.

If you've got another mod that might be conflicting with it, let me know what mod it is, and I'll take a look around to see if there's a compatibility patch. If there isnt, you may have to uninstall the other mod for a little while in order to get him to marry you.

Geeze, don't you just hate it when romantic interests are stubborn like this? If this doesnt work, find a shotgun. Fathers used to use those as VERY convincing tools to get their daughters married :laugh:

Edit- Oops, I forgot. Is the issue with downloading the ms.net an issue with your logon to windows not having the necessary permissions/privileges to access the download or webpage?

Ok. Lets rehash here for just a sec, to make sure that we know where we are.

You've got the den600_landsmeet.dlg denpt_alistair.ncs files located in the override folder. They are no longer zipped up, correct?

If this is the case.. then they SHOULD be working. UNLESS...... You've got a file conflict.

Are you using any other mods that alter dialogs? Or affect Alistair (Other than just his appearance, like his face)? If so, there's a strong possibility that those two mods are conflicting.

If you've got another mod that might be conflicting with it, let me know what mod it is, and I'll take a look around to see if there's a compatibility patch. If there isnt, you may have to uninstall the other mod for a little while in order to get him to marry you.

Geeze, don't you just hate it when romantic interests are stubborn like this? If this doesnt work, find a shotgun. Fathers used to use those as VERY convincing tools to get their daughters married :laugh:

Edit- Oops, I forgot. Is the issue with downloading the ms.net an issue with your logon to windows not having the necessary permissions/privileges to access the download or webpage?

The only other MOD's that I am using are these:

Adopted (changes origin when creating character):

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=201

I got this one to work, but it required me to edit some text in the .ini file.

and this (even though this one doesnt seem to work either....):

MetaGame Items

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13

Has a potion in in that allows the character to marry Alistair, but yet again this one does not work either for me =|

Aha. Well, since the deal with Al not marrying is background based, I'd throw money in, that the Adopted mod is the source of the conflict. I wasnt able to find a patch or fix for it tho :sad:

So you might try disabling that mod, create a clean save by loading your game (it will say something about forceloading the game, just click to confirm twice) and then create a new savegame. name it something different, like Clean Save 1, then exit.

Restart the game, load your new, clean save, and take another shot at trying to get this lug to agree.

Aha. Well, since the deal with Al not marrying is background based, I'd throw money in, that the Adopted mod is the source of the conflict. I wasnt able to find a patch or fix for it tho :sad:

So you might try disabling that mod, create a clean save by loading your game (it will say something about forceloading the game, just click to confirm twice) and then create a new savegame. name it something different, like Clean Save 1, then exit.

Restart the game, load your new, clean save, and take another shot at trying to get this lug to agree.

I have two saves:

My first and original save and the one with the Adopted Mod.

I cant marry alistar on the original/clean save... :sweat:

The character I created with the Adopted MOD is still on the Ostagar quest, and my other character (Mage/Magi) is at the Landsmeet, so I am trying to get her to marry him x]

Ok, the clean save is not the original save. A clean save is a save that you create after uninstalling mods. :wink:

So it will be a completely different save than your original. To create a new save once you have uninstalled or deactivated mods..... in the game you click on the gear icon (assuming that this isnt the steam version, I dunno if it's different in that version) along the top middle of the screen. then click save game. Then click New Save. Then name the game something completely different than the game would name it. Like Clean Save 1. Then save the new save.

Thats a clean save :wink:

What you're going to need to do is start up the game, click options, then click downloaded content, and uncheck the adopted mod from the list. then go in, force load your game by telling it to go ahead and load when it detects that the mod isnt active. You'll have to tell it to do that twice. Then, after it finishes loading, you create your clean save.

Then shut down and restart the game, loading up your clean save.

IF that doesnt work still.... because this requires a dragonage.ini file edit, you will need to shut down the game, open up the contents of "Computer" and browse to your documents folder. Should be a listing for documents/my documents over on the left hand side of the screen after clicking on computer.

browse to Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings and single click on the dragonage.ini file. Then RIGHT click on it, and choose CUT.

Close the window and right click on an empty area of your desktop and choose PASTE.

Doing this will move the edited dragonage.ini file out of the settings folder, to your desktop, where you'll keep it for later.

Then restart the game. The game will take a slight bit longer to load than normal, because it has to rebuild the dragonage.ini file (one of the VERY FEW files that you can force it to rebuild). Which will reset it all to factory defaults, so if you have reset any settings that you've adjusted. Like difficulty, window size, graphics, sounds, etc. Sorry, but this is the least intensive way that I can have you do this, without getting too technical.

Then start up your clean save, and see if it works. Once you've gotten hitched, you can then Cut the dragonage.ini file from your desktop, navigate back to Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings and paste it there, telling windows to go ahead and over-write the file thats currently in there.

I hope this helps. I know that this has GOT to have gotten frustrating for you.

Ok, the clean save is not the original save. A clean save is a save that you create after uninstalling mods. :wink:

So it will be a completely different save than your original. To create a new save once you have uninstalled or deactivated mods..... in the game you click on the gear icon (assuming that this isnt the steam version, I dunno if it's different in that version) along the top middle of the screen. then click save game. Then click New Save. Then name the game something completely different than the game would name it. Like Clean Save 1. Then save the new save.

Thats a clean save :wink:

What you're going to need to do is start up the game, click options, then click downloaded content, and uncheck the adopted mod from the list. then go in, force load your game by telling it to go ahead and load when it detects that the mod isnt active. You'll have to tell it to do that twice. Then, after it finishes loading, you create your clean save.

Then shut down and restart the game, loading up your clean save.

IF that doesnt work still.... because this requires a dragonage.ini file edit, you will need to shut down the game, open up the contents of "Computer" and browse to your documents folder. Should be a listing for documents/my documents over on the left hand side of the screen after clicking on computer.

browse to Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings and single click on the dragonage.ini file. Then RIGHT click on it, and choose CUT.

Close the window and right click on an empty area of your desktop and choose PASTE.

Doing this will move the edited dragonage.ini file out of the settings folder, to your desktop, where you'll keep it for later.

Then restart the game. The game will take a slight bit longer to load than normal, because it has to rebuild the dragonage.ini file (one of the VERY FEW files that you can force it to rebuild). Which will reset it all to factory defaults, so if you have reset any settings that you've adjusted. Like difficulty, window size, graphics, sounds, etc. Sorry, but this is the least intensive way that I can have you do this, without getting too technical.

Then start up your clean save, and see if it works. Once you've gotten hitched, you can then Cut the dragonage.ini file from your desktop, navigate back to Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings and paste it there, telling windows to go ahead and over-write the file thats currently in there.

I hope this helps. I know that this has GOT to have gotten frustrating for you.

:mellow: Okay I will give that a try :mellow:

If it doesnt work.... Then I think I shall just give up :sweat: