Anyone Can Marry Alistair Mod

Salona

Oh, also, you know in the 'downloaded content' should the Anyone Can Marry Alistar MOD not be on that list also? :unsure:

Becuase it isn't atm, I jsut have these:

Adopted

DRAGON AGE: AWAKENING.

:sleep: I really want to get this MOD to work :sweat:

Oh, also, you know in the 'downloaded content' should the Anyone Can Marry Alistar MOD not be on that list also? :unsure:

Adopted

I know, I'd like to see this work out for you as well. There's nothing more frustrating than having something that you want to do, and not be able to do it, because of technical fails!

The downloaded content doesnt always show everything that you've got installed. especially mods that you havent installed via an installer like daupdater.exe or DaM or DaMM. Because you've manually placed the files in the override folder, it doesnt have them listed. With them in the override or addins folders they will still work, (assuming that the mod is made correctly, is installed correctly, and doesnt have conflicts) but won't show up in the downloaded content list.

Good luck!

Adopted

I know, I'd like to see this work out for you as well. There's nothing more frustrating than having something that you want to do, and not be able to do it, because of technical fails!

The downloaded content doesnt always show everything that you've got installed. especially mods that you havent installed via an installer like daupdater.exe or DaM or DaMM. Because you've manually placed the files in the override folder, it doesnt have them listed. With them in the override or addins folders they will still work, (assuming that the mod is made correctly, is installed correctly, and doesnt have conflicts) but won't show up in the downloaded content list.

Good luck!

Thankyou for all of your help Drake :)

I am un-installing every MOD I have on the game (including Anyone Can Marry Alistar :sleep:), doing the clean-save thing and then I am going to manually put the Alistar MOD back into the folder and HOPEFULLY it will work :happy:

If it doesnt then, well, I guess I will just have to go on with not being queen :sad:

Uninstalling every MOD didn't work :down:

I have no MODS on my PC at all now apart from Awakening, and it still wont work! :sad:

grrrrrrr.

its gotta be because of that dragonage.ini file edit that adopted requires. Thats the only thing left that I can think of, if you're doing the clean save correctly.

:sad:

Well, I guess since I completely uninstalled the Adopted MOD, I can delete the text required for it in the .ini file.

Also, I think the Clean Save worked okay because when I load that save up it doesn't ask me to Force Load it :sweat:

:sleep: This really doens't help my anger management problems lol :sweat:

I have tried and tried and tried everything you said buit it just wont work :sad:

Ok, well...I'm really sorry that nothing has fixed this up til now. :sad:

I've got one other thing that I can think of. If you want to, you can send me a copy of your savegame, and I'll load it up on my computer (which doesnt have adopted) and see if I can figure out how to get the lug to marry.

Now, because late saves can be pretty big files, you more than likely won't be able to upload it directly to the nexus site due to filesize restrictions. So you'd probably have to upload it to a site like www.megaupload.com and then pm me a link to the file. And then I would need to do the same once/if I can get it working.

Now... there's one thing that I will mention about this. I am running a LOT of mods. Which will save that information to YOUR game, once I save the game again. What that means is when you load up your savegame that I send back to you, will tell you that [big long list] is missing, and could cause errors. You will have to force load your game, since you dont have these mods. And then create a clean save afterwards.

The savegames are located in documents/bioware/dragon age/characters/ character name / saves

inside the saves folder is several more folders. Usually named AutoSave and Slot_# The slot #'s will range from 1-200+ depending on how many savegames you've got on that character. The higher the number, the more recent the save is. So if your folders range from Slot_1 to Slot_25, 25 is the most recent, and thats probably the one you want to send, if you want to do this.

You will need to zip up that folder, in order to send it to me. So if you have winzip, winrar, 7zip, or whatever..... right click on that folder, and choose something to the affect of add to new zip folder (tho the wording depends on the program, none of them are exactly the same).

:confused: Okay, I will try that later when I get back home.

Thank you for your help Dark :)

This wont effect my brother character will it? He would kill me if anything ahppened to his character :tongue:

I am probably going to create a new character anyway soon, so I will just have to see if I can get it to work on that one aswell O.o

:confused: Okay, I will try that later when I get back home.

Thank you for your help Dark :)

This wont effect my brother character will it? He would kill me if anything ahppened to his character :tongue:

I am probably going to create a new character anyway soon, so I will just have to see if I can get it to work on that one aswell O.o

Salona- KK. I probly won't be able to get to it until tomorrow. Its like.. 2:20 AM here, and heading to bed really soon. Not a problem, I hope that I can figure out whats going on with it, or that its a remnant of a mod on your machine that is doing it.

Only if you send me one of his characters by mistake :wink:

Otherwise no. What I'd be doing to yours wouldnt affect his at all :wink: